Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Give genetics shutters
As it stands now a large part of genetics is walled off to space simply by windows which makes it exceptionally easy to break into the office or vent the air into space depending on your devious objectives. I feel that genetics is simply to fragile in its current state due to the fact that if you lose your office as a geneticist then you are incredibly unlikely to be able to reclaim it or move your equipment elsewhere, and as such find yourself without a job. Seeing as sections such as the bridge or chemistry have shutters in the event of attempted break-ins or catastrophic window failure and people still find their ways into those areas I doubt that this would make it too challenging to break into genetics while providing the geneticist at least a chance at defense.
I'm not sure if this won't distract from cloning.

Genetics was already made fun, and now there's a lot of attention on it, but that's always been the case because everyone always wants superpowers.

I think if you do add privacy shutters, give geneticists and roboticists a pda ping every time a body hits morgue.

In addition give roboticists more things to play with, I think if you can distract the assistants with more robot things, genetics won't be as swarmed.

With the new chemistry changes, I hope we'll see more dudes signing up for drug tests hoping to be injected with steroids and robust drugs. Maybe that will distract from the genetics update.
Genetics currently hardly gives a rat's ass about cloning. Do not add this until they start doing their jobs again. In fact, add a window between the morgue and genetics.
Make genetics a panopticon. If they are ever not cloning people then they are failing their job and are grounds for immediate enzyme reclamation.
To be fair, I hardly ever see bodies make it to genetics and if they do the person who dragged the body there usually just muscles their way in and clone the person anyways. It would be nice if geneticist were given more of a heads up when they are running low on enzymes though, seeing as the new genetics window can be quite large. I would also like the note that the shutters are intended to be used primarily for security, and not so much privacy.
No, fuck shutters. They are even worse than that fucking untouchable window thing used literally everywhere on-station. You can do fuck all about them and are super un-fun to have to navigate around.
No shutters.