Mentor Application: Roomba Rhumba
Usual Character Name: King Midas, Mike Markerson (a long time ago), a rotating variety of names as an AI

BYOND Username: Roomba Rhumba

Recommended by: Qwerty, Spyguy, SgtBriar

Times Available: Usually 7-12 pm GMT+8, more often on weekends

Reason for Application + Game Experience:

I've been putting off the mentor application process for a while now (in part because I felt we had more than enough), but that's no longer true as of the recent influx of new players. I'd like to teach them the game in a more official capacity than just walking up to anyone that looks particularly lost and showing them the ropes, and I know that my timezone can be a bit of an odd one, with not too many of our regular mentors on.

I know that many tend to think of me as a bit combative and abrasive at times, but I can put that attitude aside and be genuinely helpful when the situation calls for it. I frequent the SS13 discord fairly often, and have been answering most any questions asked there to the best of my ability over the last few days. I’m firmly not in the play-to-win camp and can be trusted not to metagame with mentorhelped information, definitely not my style.

As far as game experience goes, I've been playing since 2014, and I’ve picked up how to do just about every job competently since then. AI and scientist are my favourite roles, and I’m pretty confident in being able to answer just about any silicon/lawset related questions. As far as research goes, I like showing new scientists fun chems they can mess around with without blowing up (non-approved bits of) the station, giving them a crash course on artsci, or taking them on a tour through the adventure zones. I’m also familiar with the ins and outs of medicine, and wrote a 'Pathology for Dummies' on the wiki  (though it’s a bit outdated and I need to update it with the recent changes). Would probably take too long to list out everything else I’m familiar with, though I’ll say that just about the only thing that still eludes me is atmos – I freely admit that the underlying systems behind engine science and toxins are still a mystery to me, though I can manage a half-decent burn/bomb with what little knowledge I have.

Previous Bans:
Banned for three days once for crashing the server with an ill-conceived monkey experiment. Currently banned from ghost drone for messing up one of Pope’s gimmicks as one.
Yes! King Midas is a great player and definitely has what it takes to be a great mentor.
Yes. Usually I stay out of Mentor Apps due to my lack of in-game activity, but Roomba has been incredibly consistent and reliable throughout the years I've known 'em. Great player, one of my favorites.
Yes. Even if he denies it, he he's had a very positive change in attitude, and he knows his stuff.
yup. king midas is a name i recognize, and a good one at that, as well as having seen roomba out of game being good.
Yes, Roomba knows their stuff and would make a fine addition to the mentor team.
Midas is a good spaceman give him the purple
King Midas is a good nerd, please purple.
Yes! More mentors for the God of mentors!
Yes, yes yes yes, yes. Midas is very good, please add
roomba used to be a bit abrasive and rude but it seems like they're trying to tune that down and be a lot less confrontational which is really nice to see! i think that they definitely have the knowhow and they're personable/trustworthy enough to be a mentor