Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Add Quantum Telescopes to Mining Areas
I've been checking out mining recently and atleahorizon lacks a Quantum Telescope miners can use for obtaining rare materials. I realize the intent is likely to encourage teamwork and cooperation but the odds of this happening aren't realistic.
I think both mining and science should have one on all maps, and science could need more then 2? locations to go to.
The collaboration between Mining and Science to use the quantum telescope is kind of a lame one. Having to ask to enter a department you dont have access to is slightly annoying; especially if the other department is busy. Also, sooner or later there should be more locations to go, that distress signal looks pretty interesting, its probably just not implemented yet.
Give them both one, but let them assist the other department with theirs. If one area finds one thing the other would like, they can tag it for the other to save them the time.

Maybe there could be more science related uses for the telescope, like bringing in rare artifacts
I very much agree that both research and mining should have a quantum telescope at all times.
Yeah just give mining a telescope as well. I never get to see the cool shit in mining because telesci doesn't want to cooperate
Concur. The fact that Research has to ask Mining to let them use their quantum tele is pretty weak interdepartmental cooperation, especially since it basically amounts to just opening a door.
Yup, toss 'em in.
There's some weirdness in how the telescope works in that it only lets one person use it at a time. Is that per console, or globally?

I definitely agree that both locations should have one, and also that there should be more interesting things to find with it -- beyond asteroids for the magnet and the two extra locations, perhaps small caches of resources like the mystery crates or artifacts or other weird things.

Alternatively, for the long-range teleporter -- and this is probably a dumb idea -- perhaps a second kind of deployable beacon, like the current ones but immobile, that allows sending and receiving from the LRT? You'd still have to get to an area and deploy the beacon, but after that it'd be a little easier to get back and forth, sort of like the pod beacons that are around the world.