Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Space Law book dealing stam damage
Recently it came up in SS13-discussion that it would be a hilarious idea to make the space law book deal 0 brute damage, but 40 stamina damage. So in turn you could arrest people by literally throwing the book at them.
The stamina damage would be in line with a lot of other melee weapons in game, such as the folding chairs or some more obscure ones, but with the less brute it should still remain balanced, and would be more for hilarity than effectiveness since a baton is going to be better anyways.

Thoughs/Comments/Concerns are always welcome as per usual
Would force officers to carry around the book and maybe actually read it, 11/10 add now
Yes. When I interrogate people as HoS I like to beat them with THE LAW
alternatively, beat people in the head a few times with the book to remove rev status and deal some brain damage in the process, much like the chaplain and their bible
How about it cures brain damage, for some nice counter play with Bible healing?
Perfect counter for people running away via shift.
lol

This idea rules, let's do it.
Only if you make it not work on anyone wearing a sec helmet, as they are THE LAW after all.
Not to hijack this thread, but I'd suggested the Chaplain's sandals do something and a stamina drain might be that
This is a perfect idea. Here's all you need to make it so. 

https://github.com/goonstation/goonstati...er.dm#L486

Code:
/obj/item/paper/book/space_law
    stamina_damage = 40
    stamina_cost = 25
(03-29-2019, 09:17 AM)aft2001 Wrote: alternatively, beat people in the head a few times with the book to remove rev status and deal some brain damage in the process, much like the chaplain and their bible

This. I like this idea. Minus braindamage though.
Hoss Jones hits Sam Pubs over the head with Space Law!
You feel an urge to reconsider your poor life choices!

(It's just flavor text, though.)