Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ban Appeal: Orange George - Banned by Flourish pt. 2
Last thread I made I forgot who I was banned by, so I deleted it and made this one. 

Who banned you?: Flourish
Byond Key: Orange George
Date of Ban: a few days ago (3?)
Specified Reason for Ban: Reason: As a borg under standard laws, beat the clown to death. Was unresponsive to PMs and logged out. Please read the rules and make an appeal on the forums if you'd like to play here.
Ban Length: permanent
What led to the ban? Playing borg first time, just discovered I can swing with multitool out and went to the boxing gym to hang out.  Found clown, threatened him with some Star Wars KOTOR RP (nerd) and he challenged me back. Proceeded to beat him to death with multitool citing it was some such assassination protocol (it wasn't).  I then learned quite quickly that robots cannot even begin to engage in fights with their crewmates because it's against Asimov's laws.  After that, AI exploded my head, I went ghost and decided I had enough for the day.  
Why am I appealing? / Why should I be unbanned: I was enjoying playing on your servers.  I thought the code seemed more stable than others I had tried previously.  This is the crux of why I'm appealing.  As for why I should be unbanned, I think I've learned my lesson and would appreciate another shot at playing on the OG SS13 servers.  Next time I'll reserve RP'ing murderous assassin droids for actual antag rounds.
Evasion Attempts: I wasn't exactly so much evading ban as I was stopping playing for the day, but regardless:  I logged out.
Hi, thanks for the appeal and the explanation of the events leading up to the beating. Yeah, if law one is still intact, then you shouldn't be beating humans to death. Even if a human begged you to (which wasn't the case here), technically you still shouldn't. I think you understand that, so I'll unban you now. Have fun and please keep the rules in mind as you play!
Thanks very much, sir Flourish.
So I appear to still be banned, unfortunately.  Is it possible I gave you the wrong key?
It looks like you had a login from a guest account while you were still banned, and the details from that login weren't yet cleared from our system. I've removed that now, so you should be able to play now. Let me know if you still experience any issues!