Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Major Spears don't work
Nanofab spears don't work with getting long reach. Period. There is no way that I know of to get around this, so you're stuck with a weapon with mediocre damage without any extra range.
did you try using the special attack (harm or disarm intent and clicking a distance)
(03-28-2019, 05:18 PM)mbc Wrote: did you try using the special attack (harm or disarm intent and clicking a distance)

Yes. It just does the generic special attack that items have by default. I think this is because the spear "special attack" was coded before the modern versions.
Oh yeah, that is an issue. Spears have not had a special attack for a long time. I always assumed I was just making spear wrong, then I assumed that every time I'd previously thought I saw a spear special attack it was a mining tool special attack. Now yeah, I guess it's just broken.
Ha, and here I thought it was just removed for being too powerful or something, which I dont think it was unless you get some super duper materials maybe.
Last time it worked for me was before Horizon was added. Dont know what change would have influenced this.
oh yeah i thought it got removed, if it didnt then definitely broken
(03-29-2019, 04:52 AM)The Gorog Wrote: Ha, and here I thought it was just removed for being too powerful or something, which I dont think it was unless you get some super duper materials maybe.
Last time it worked for me was before Horizon was added. Dont know what change would have influenced this.

Yeah I mean, the absolute maximum damage that I've seen is SEVENTEEN from using a STARSTONE as the tip.
probably fixed, for some reason we have 3 separate spear definitions in the codebase
(03-29-2019, 08:20 PM)mbc Wrote: probably fixed, for some reason we have 3 separate spear definitions in the codebase

But... why