Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Delete Messages More
Most of you probably know the pain of having to empty out your messages once a month into the trash can, a long and tedious process that brings great pain and suffering. I propose adding a new option to the Thread Subscription that automatically murders old PMs in the thread once new ones are made for said thread OR as an alternative, kills all of the messages for a thread once the PM box gets close to full.
ive never heard of anyone else having this issue
Yeah I've had my account on this forum since we switched from the autistic powers forums and have never once had to do delete a single pm. I've only got like 30 or so the entire time.
So either you're using the forums in an extremely unorthadox way, or there's a buslting community of forum PMs between users that has hidden itself from me for all these years.
Thanks for sending my my first and only forum pm, Warcrimes.
Ive had this account since like 2012 and I only have 6 messages.
Edit: Correction. 2013
The only time I had a lot of PMs was when I was running Forum Games.

What are you doing on here exactly?
Thread Subscription sends you a PM I guess. I've never had a need for it given our general activity level.
Wait, you don't subscribe to literally every thread you comment on?
(03-29-2019, 03:00 AM)Wisecrack34 Wrote: Wait, you don't subscribe to literally every thread you comment on?

I do this for the most part and after deleting my messages from up to yesterday, ive already got 9% of my inbox full.
I got 5 PMs from replies to the monkey thread by Berrik, instead of just having one that leads to the first new message.

I'm guessing this is based on some Forum framework which isnt made by Goon, so idk if they could even change that if they wanted.
(03-29-2019, 03:00 AM)Wisecrack34 Wrote: Wait, you don't subscribe to literally every thread you comment on?

Not enough happens on the forum to warrant doing that I think.

I just go on, look through anything highlighted, and move on.
You can, it's under options.