Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
Now that we have a higher pop put Samedi back in rotation
I never got to play on it before it was gone, and if it's real unpopular no one will vote for it.
While I personally really enjoyed the station, I was under the impression that it was removed due to some design issues around arrivals and other things and that the creator preferred to start with a blank slate than go to the significant effort to effect changes.

Some of those issues might be exacerbated with an influx of new players who dont know how to deal with arrivals being depressurized so quickly.

But hey if possible yeah lets do it, it was a pretty cool map.
Wasn't it removed due to a couple bugs, notably one that set the atmospheric temperature of a few tiles to infinity, or am I thinking of something else.
There was another really interesting map that had that happen with the air bridge in the middle of the station. Did Samedi have a bunch of airbridges too?
https://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid=10521:
Kubius Wrote:NOTE 2018-07-29: This map in the Samedi form will not be returning to goon rotation for the foreseeable future due to fundamental layout issues as highlighted by several coders

It had 4 main airbrides in a star pattern
I might be hallucinating but wasn't there another map in the works since that one didn't work out? I didn't regular Goon back then, but could've sworn I did hear about a "Map in the works" like a month-ish ago elsewhere.

Maybe i'm thinking of somewhere else, but yeah no point on bringing a map back unless they fix those "Fundamental Issues"
I heard of this map a few times and was wondering why I have never seen it before.
But it looks really interesting actually, also huge by it being spaced out. I like it.
Wasn't there a similar map?
You guys talking about this one? https://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid=9095
Also rather spread out but all inside one giant asteroid.
Dunno what TheMaskedMan2's taking about, but these guys

(03-27-2019, 11:32 AM)qwertyquerty Wrote: Wasn't it removed due to a couple bugs, notably one that set the atmospheric temperature of a few tiles to infinity, or am I thinking of something else.

(03-27-2019, 11:36 AM)Recusor Wrote: There was another really interesting map that had that happen with the air bridge in the middle of the station. Did Samedi have a bunch of airbridges too?

are definitely talking about Chiron, which Samedi was a spiritual successor of.
Weren’t the problems with this map fixed? I heard and think I read about it somewhere in the Mapping thread, can’t this be re-instated, or am I stupid?