Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3 Average
make monkeys have lower stamina and overdose thresholds than people
have y'all not seen this ?
https://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid=11787
(03-28-2019, 08:39 AM)John Warcrimes Wrote: have y'all not seen this ?
https://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid=11787

ye
Von Braun is dangerous.
How about a compromise. Make monkey arms a specific type of arm, similar to werewolf and space bear arms. And have the monkey arms just deal less damage or less stamina damage.
(03-28-2019, 06:43 PM)kyle2143 Wrote: How about a compromise. Make monkey arms a specific type of arm, similar to werewolf and space bear arms. And have the monkey arms just deal less damage or less stamina damage.

Not sure if you missed the post of this being about player-controlled monkeys of Berrik later on, but player and NPC controlled monkeys are usually using items to beat up players.
Unless the arm type also has an impact on the damage that melee weapons do, which I dont believe is the case currently, then this would only make a difference for the monkeys that come fresh out of the vendor and havent already grabbed the knife, toolbox or any tool thats often on the way to where you want to take them.
I think player controlled monkeys should have less health because they are smaller.
Player controlled monkeys need a nerf. Barrel of Monkeys monkeys need a BUFF.
(03-29-2019, 08:08 AM)KikiMofo Wrote: Barrel of Monkeys monkeys need a BUFF.

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]
"Is that a monkey?"

"It has a gun!"

"BANG BANG"
Nerfing player monkeys: make climbing under/over a table take a few seconds instead of just phasing through them
Buffing barrel monkeys: give them meth and knives.
Oh god, we're doomed
Ah, I see. I can get on board with this. If the goal is to nerf monkey players, then yeah changing arm damage wouldn't be very effective. All stats related to the life cycle, stamina, and direct combat should stay the same. They do need a nerf, they are better in every way than humans with no real downsides. Counting as non-humans to the AI and not speaking English don't really count in my book.

Beepsky could auto-arrest monkeys he sees carrying items in their hands. Monkeys are not humans and can't own property, anything they're holding must have been theft. Or maybe he should arrest them anywhere outside of Medical, Science, or the Monkey Pen.

Monkeys could be bad at using computers/doors similar to how you mess up when brain damaged. But for monkeys it would be because they aren't as dexterous as humans.

A change to help genetecists deal with npc monkeys might be good, even though I do love watching them get beaten to tears in the monkey pen. There should be something to prevent the monkey horde aggro that happens if they see you look at one of their brethren the wrong way. Maybe a reagent that when ingested makes the monkeys recognize you as one of their own so they won't mob you if you grab one, or will attack someone who attacks you. Or better yet, I always thought the monkey costume on Cogmap2 should allow you to grab monkeys with impunity, that could do it.

Not sure if it was mentioned in this thread, but another change should be to fix the monkey-hulk sprite bug/exploit. It's rather rare to see now cause I think most people know it's bad manners, but it still sucks.

Also, Birb's idea that they should have to take a second to two to get on top/under a table is great. They could have to click the table with a free hand. Such a thing wouldn't be too hard to add to the npc monkey AI too I don't think. (Also, I really like giving the barrel of monkey's weapons. But their headbands always made me thing they are martial artist monkeys, they should get kung(/kong) fu styled weapons like nunchucks or those pole weapons, basically sort of weapon that Jackie Chan has or would ever used in a film.

Something that could help is making it a chance that a monkey will aggro when they see another monkey being harmed, rather than have it be a guarantee