Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3 Average
make monkeys have lower stamina and overdose thresholds than people
They have tinier lungs and tinier bodies, so they shouldn't be able to run around as much and they should get drunk/high/fucked up a lot easier than a person.

Right now they are kinda too strong compared to normal people and this seems like a logical nerf.
Not to sure about the stamina thing but the rest sounds amazing, monkeys getting smashed easier sounds nothing but good
But seeing new people die to monkies is too much fun. Seems reasonable honestly.
While I will agree with them being ridicioulusly strong, the reason they have the same stats like humans is for them to be used to experiment on. So you can test your chems or operate on them and know that you will get the same results when trying to do the same with a human.

I'm afraid that making changes to them would mess with this, which I wouldnt want to happen. Maybe a change in their AI could be done to make them less powerful.

Additionally, as someone who loves playing test subject, I will just have to say no to this.
This reflects real life. Chimps are crazy strong compared to humans despite their size and are known for violence. What are you doing harming these poor apes, you big bully?
I think this is intended to be a nerf on PLAYER monkeys not the NPC ones.
Yup, I don't care about the NPC ones at all. This applies exclusively to player monkeys.
Don't monkeys also have less health, and aren't subject to Law 1 protection?
(03-27-2019, 02:38 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Don't monkeys also have less health, and aren't subject to Law 1 protection?

Dont think they have less health, but yeah they aint human so the silicons dont have to listen to them or can just beat them up.
id much rather nerf npc monkeys. player monkeys are relatively strong but once actually attacked theyre easy to kill and mainly if theres a reason to kill them, the AI can do it easy. meanwhile npc monkeys kill countless people and cause admin reports that dont make sense
Make anger progressive for em, that way you have to thoroughly earn your beating
(03-27-2019, 03:07 PM)NateTheSquid Wrote: id much rather nerf npc monkeys. player monkeys are relatively strong but once actually attacked theyre easy to kill and mainly if theres a reason to kill them, the AI can do it easy. meanwhile npc monkeys kill countless people and cause admin reports that dont make sense

https://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid...ht=Bananas
(03-27-2019, 03:07 PM)NateTheSquid Wrote: id much rather nerf npc monkeys. player monkeys are relatively strong but once actually attacked theyre easy to kill and mainly if theres a reason to kill them, the AI can do it easy. meanwhile npc monkeys kill countless people and cause admin reports that dont make sense

Wait, people send in an admin report for a monkey killing them in self defense?

Jesus christ.
(03-27-2019, 06:49 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: https://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid...ht=Bananas
(03-27-2019, 10:19 PM)Technature Wrote:

Wait, people send in an admin report for a monkey killing them in self defense?

Id love to see these have their own section in the Fun page on the wiki