Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
Job Title Modifiers for newbies/experienced players
(03-25-2019, 12:38 PM)Zamujasa Wrote: Give new players (for their first few rounds) "Trainee" suffixes to their jobs and allow everyone else to optionally pick them when (late?)joining as a way of saying "I'm new at this". Turn it from an elitism thing to a "this person is new and might need some coaching" tool. Want to learn a new job? Mark yourself as a trainee!

It'd be nice to have (optional) titles like "Experienced" or "Tutor" as well, maybe if the Job XP system ever gets finished, as a way of saying "I know a lot of shit about this job and you can ask me for help" -- strictly cosmetic, though.

As someone suggested, this should be its own thread. Personally I fully support this idea.

The one concern, albeit very small, is that this COULDĀ lead to some discrimination of newbies since they'd be clearly marked as such. However, I doubt this, but if it concerns anyone else, then plans to remove this feature if this occurs should be in place.

Regardless of whether or not this may happen, I certainly think that this would be a beneficial addition to the server, both for newbies and experienced players alike.

Messages In This Thread
Optional Job Prefixes for Newbies and Veterans - by aft2001 - 03-26-2019, 09:15 AM