Faceplant HoS application
Usual Character Name:
Abraham Lincoln
BYOND Username:
Faceplant-kun
Recommended by (if applicable):
OMJ and a few others, though their names elude me. I get told to apply whenever I mention it.
Times Available:
It varies greatly! I have a job, classes, and social obligations, not to mention I'm a huge slacker. I play whenever I can but it's not always consistent.
Reason for Application (300 word minimum): 
First and foremost: I want that extra gear and access. I know that's rather blunt, but to be frank, whatever I could promise to do as HoS, I try to do as an officer already. Communication, teamwork, helping noobies learn the game, passing fair judgement calls, keeping order, using proper force, and many more things, are just things that officers should be doing already. Regardless of if I'm approved or not, I'll likely keep playing security the same way I've been playing it for the past few years, the only difference being that a favorable outcome will see me wielding a little more legitimacy and firepower than before.
Secondly, lets not ignore the elephant in the room; Ssethtide, the motivator to get this done. Security has been flooded with noobies lately, and without a HoS to guide them, they frequently run around the halls with their baton and tazer out, looking for something out there. While I often take de-facto leadership over security in the absence of a HoS or other qualified individual, it would be a convenience to simply be the HoS and be given command that way, instead of having to rise to the occasion.
Third and finally, I like it here. I started playing goonstation with the release of cogmap2 in April 2017, and I've loved the place ever since. Out of all the SS13 communities I've seen, this one is the most deserving of my time. In my opinion, SS13 should be friendly, transgressive game about experiencing the balance of chaos and order. Goonstation is very friendly, especially in comparison to other servers. It's very transgressive, especially shown by the tradition of Ass Day, which celebrates chaos. And while most stations are chaotic, goonstation has a good balance with order. People frequently want to sit down and talk, start an improv about Discount Dan's burritos, host a radio show, send people on quests, throw parties, hold trials, call meetings, ect. After all, the bigger social structures you build, the harder they fall, and goon loves to see things blow up.
In your opinion, what are the flaws and benefits of the current security layout (brig, cells, security room etc):
Genpop is the strongest feature of goonstation's brigs. The reason behind this is that the job of any player playing security is to negotiate with other players. Very frequently, negotiation requires forcing your perp into a cell. Genpop is what keeps negotiation on the table after force has been applied. It's spacious, has things to do, can be locked down, has auto-flushers, and sometimes a visiting area. Because ultimately, everyone here is just trying to play a game and have fun. An officer should make the experience for a criminal fair and enjoyable (or failing that, give them a good takeaway), as to not breed bad blood but still uphold conflict. 
Previous Bans (While this will not affect your application lying about it will):
Pretty sure I have two? Once I threw someone out the cargo export belt not realizing it would space them instead of sending them around the station. Can't remember what the other could be, but I've had a few exchanges with in-game admins before.

EDIT: December 2015 was when I started, my apologies. I read the wrong date from the wiki, went back and thought "There's no way I've only played for two years", and knew I was wrong when I say my account was made in May 2016. I've been playing spessmens for awhile.
While I've seen you around fairly infrequently, I haven't once seen you play sec. Moreover, it's always a little worrying when someone starts their app with 'I want more guns and access', although the rest of your reasoning for applying seems fairly good. I can't rightly say yes to this app without seeing you actually play the role, so that's my suggestion at the moment - play more sec. Oh, and uh, this is the old template by the way.
This isn't even the right template. This seems to be using the old hos template which was updated in June. While I can't comment on his sec style as I've only seen him on a couple of times, based off his responses here and comments made in OOC about the HoS role, I don't know if he has the right attitude for it. Play some more sec regularly and respond with the correct template. Until then it's a hard no from Ants.
Yes from me- aware, competent, reacts properly to whatever’s thrown @ him & is in my personal top ten cops who I’d have with me if I needed to pick a team. You should play more often though. I have excellent experiences with them but a lot of people aren’t exposed to how you play.

Out of like, maybe 50 ish rounds of playing sec with them (a lot more than others I’ve recommended for hos), I haven’t seen anything that would make me think they wouldn’t be suitable for the beret. Very detail oriented, intelligent, robust, and extremely effective communicator. Think they possess all the prerequisite intangibles to be the point man for a sec team.
Denied due to lack of support. You can apply again at any time.