Mentor Application (Maveral)
Usual Character Name(s): Sybil Braun, Olive Krenshaw, Pagliacci (As Clown)

BYOND Username: Maveral

Recommended by (if applicable): Nnystyxx (Nathan Zabloaf)

Times Available: Variable, but generally available between Noon -  2 AM EST on most days. 

Reason for Application + Game Experience (300 word minimum): 
I've been playing Goonstation regularly - and exclusively - for at least the past two years, in part because I have close friends who favor the server and in part because I enjoy the community. The members are genuinely funny, the rules remove the things that are best removed, and I generally feel comfortable in the knowledge that I can go on Goon and expect little drama or fuss. Rounds of SS13 have, if you'll forgive the sappiness, gotten me through some dark days in my life. If anything, I feel I ought to have made this application sooner.

I've played the game long enough to have an understanding of most jobs; I can provide basic instructions on everything outside of Research and Mining, and can provide more detailed instructions on any of those jobs outside of Engineering. This includes Antagonist roles. I have a concrete understanding of the layout Cog 1 and Cog 2, and a mostly thorough understanding of the Oshan layout. I don't travel much in Z Space, but I know a bit about the Diner and the Radio Station. I understand the rules - both conduct and IC behavior - and will absolutely make those clear to anyone whose inquiries suggest breaking them. 

In the wake of the recent Youtube influx, I'm certain that mentors are needed more than ever. I would like to be able to help the community, encourage new members, and breathe new life and longevity into the game. Even though I can be salty in deadchat, I understand a round is a round and I've never held a grudge against anyone beside Jones the Cat. I would never use any mentor information to metagame or give myself an unfair advantage. I remember what it was like to be bad at SS13, and how intimidating learning it was; for that reason I'm committed to fairness and making sure that everyone is working on the same playing field. 

Previous Bans: 
Never banned. I once got an Admin Warning as a Borg for forgetting that Wizards are considered Human. Suffice to say I do not forget that anymore. 
I've seen you on a lot recently and you seem to know your stuff, so that's a yes from me.
Yeah, I know the name Sybil Braun and they are good to play the game with.
Hello! I am the Nathan Zabloaf and I fully support this person. I remember the joy and terror in their voice at learning how the game works and I have seen them teach it to others firsthand, and they do a fine job. I think they would make a Good Mentor.
10/10 yes from me, I too tend to forget what is considered a human
Sybil is always a pleasure to play with online and seems very knowledgable, yes from me
oh yeah dye that text purple