Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
tracking implants
I think it'd be cool if you could lock onto tracking implants directly via the computer without having to pray to the space gods that your kidnapping target stops moving for ten seconds.

Among other things, this would make both legal and illegal trade of human life forms more accessible to creative use
This sounds incredibly shit and would get old very fast.
Please explain.
I would like this as long as it obeys the normal rules for tele science, so that implanted people could take refuge in security or other tele-proof areas.
Wydamn Wrote:I would like this as long as it obeys the normal rules for tele science, so that implanted people could take refuge in security or other tele-proof areas.
I was assuming it would still require you to figure out the telescience codes in some way, and that it might take 3 seconds to lock on.
Also, you could always have the implant removed if you didn't actually want it.
Sorry, do you really need an explanation why kidnapping a person with a tracking implant easily with the telescience computer is incredibly shit, where you could put them in your shitty dungeon full of lions or hell, just a locked room?

Yesterday, I was forcefully implanted by the RD with a tracking implant so he could easily teleport to my location. At first I assumed he was just going to use the telescience computer to try and lock onto wherever I am and teleport me. That was a frightening thought, and the only respite to that was that I COULD walk around and avoid it. And that is how it should be - a feat of skill and a matter of timing, rather than clicking a button and stealing a person.

Sure, you can remove the implant by going to medical, but by that point you're wasting time and may very well be stolen on the fucking gurney.

What i'm saying is use a GPS and find the tracking implant's coordinates manuel, like everything else to do with the damn telescience computer. Don't make telescience an actively horrible experience for everyone outside of the science role.
Tracking implants are too easy anyhow. Go hardcore and take their backpack, put a GPS in their internals box, and use -that-.
I am so down for this.
Maybe give it its own special code you can put into the machine, modified by the the standard formula of telesci for the round.

Maybe list it near the coordinates? Still want the actual coordinates for their own uses.
As for getting abducted against your will, just deal with it or have sec deal with the culprit, it would be griefing after all. Something awesome shouldn't not be added just because it has the possibility of grief, especially when it is something sec could easily deal with.
No, a feature shouldn't be excluded if it merely has the possibility to be used for grief. When a feature is entirely built on the aspect of grief however, maybe then it should be considered a terrible idea.

The ability to easily implant a person and then instantly lock onto them and teleport them away is a feature designed entirely around a way to grief someone else for its own sake.

Anyone can be abducted with the current system the way it works now. The feature will mean very little except make it infinitely easier for some idiot to do it.
Nautilus: HELP I AM BEING CLUWNED

*telescientist pushes button, saves nautilus*

Nautilus: HELP I AM BEING GRIEF
what

OK this is a dumb idea and a dumb thread entirely, please stop
Nautilus Wrote:No, a feature shouldn't be excluded if it merely has the possibility to be used for grief. When a feature is entirely built on the aspect of grief however, maybe then it should be considered a terrible idea.

The ability to easily implant a person and then instantly lock onto them and teleport them away is a feature designed entirely around a way to grief someone else for its own sake.

Anyone can be abducted with the current system the way it works now. The feature will mean very little except make it infinitely easier for some idiot to do it.

No, this feature can be equally used to save someone just as much as it would be to grief.
If this was implemented, I might have reason to implant myself as security if there's an active tele dude. Before my big retarded stunned body was being dragged around too much for it to work.
And ask for the slave thingy.. I do something similar now with a tracking implant and hand teleporter, basically I can teleport to them at ANYTIME, like a house arrest of sorts.

I am all for more inter-job related stuff. Yes to this.
Also, I am getting really fed up of hysteria on this fucking forum. Can we please stop concentrating on one sole thing, and derailing it to the ground? Fucking boring.
On another note, it'd be cool if you could somehow put in the adjustment formula for the round so that once you've figured it out once you could use normal coords for things.

like, have the ability to custom adjust variables, with the implication that you could use the inverse/opposite of the respective adjustment variable to restore it to normal.

Or something like that.

Then you could make the tracking implant lock on button just automatically put in the coords of the person you're trying to kidnap. If you've got the equation already figured out, great! Send them a lion. If not, it won't work quite right