Qwerty Mentor Application
MUSIC: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFimfcIRGj8

Usual Character Name: Sebastian Link

BYOND Username: Qwertyquerty

Recommended by (if applicable): 

John Warcrimes: "I think qwerty has an attention to detail and an inquisitive spirit that give them a certain expertise when it comes to game mechanics. Their contributions to goonstation are already huge and they've got a lot to offer guiding newbies."

Internet Dweller: "I recommend you for mentor because I'm pretty sure you don't hate new players, and you're knowledgeable, and you probably won't metagame with Mentor information."

Camryn Buttes: "You know your shit, you aren't shit"

Times Available:

I'm not in game on very consistent times, but I usually hop on random times during 4pm CST - 12am CST on weekdays, and 11am CST - 2am CST on weekends.

As for the Discord (qwerty#6768), I am almost always on Discord in my awake hours, so around 7am CST - 2am CST on weekdays and around 10am CST - 3am CST on weekends.

Reason for Application + Game Experience (300 word minimum): 

I'll start with in game experience.
  • I often play detective so I know the ins and outs of detective work, investigating crime scenes, investigating and arresting players, reasons to arrest players, etc.
  • I'm often a scientist, so I've mastered telescience, and I'm OK at making canister bombs.
  • For engineering, I know how to setup the engine, though I don't know how to get maximum efficiency. I understand how the TEG works, and how the station power works.
  • I know a bunch of chemistry, basic chems, more complicated chems, stabilizing chems, how long chems will be in people's systems, etc. I can make chemical bombs as well.
  • For medical, I know how to perform a bunch of surgery, I know what a bunch of different medical chems do and how to make them, cloning, I know how to heal heavily damaged patients.
  • I know how to hack doors and vending machines. I know basic DWAINE and how to utilize terminals.
  • I've played botany, but only know the basics of it.
  • I'm pretty good at MechComp, and know a lot about the different components of it.
  • I've played QM, but only know the basics of it.
  • I know how to play almost all the different antagonist roles.
  • I know the game's code, (and am actually currently on a long quest to read ALL of goonstation's 2016 code). I can see the underlying workings of the game, like why certain things occur, and how certain mechanics work on the code level. I can always consult the code to answer questions I'm unsure of.
I do not know: Pathology, Genetics

Now for why I want to be a mentor

When I was starting out, playing the game, a patient mentor taught me a ton of the game mechanics, showed me around the stations, taught me a bunch of jobs, and more. I probably wouldn't have continued to play the game without a mentor helping me out at the beginning.

There has been a recent influx of players, and they all are trying to learn the game mechanics. I know this game has a very steep learning curve, and I would really like to help answer questions for all of the new players, so they continue to play the game and don't miss out on the fun it holds.

Even though it is the most expected answer here, "I just want to help out"

Previous Bans (While this will not affect your application lying about it will):

I've had no previous bans in the past. I think I have a few bad notes on my account but those were from when I was still first learning to play.
Absolutely! You would be a great addition to the mentors, as you're knowledgable and friendly.
Mentor material, I'd think!
yep
Yes.
yeah⠀⠀
"I think qwerty has an attention to detail and an inquisitive spirit that give them a certain expertise when it comes to game mechanics. Their contributions to goonstation are already huge and they've got a lot to offer guiding newbies."

I told Qwert apply was good idea
i voat ye
qwerty knows stuff is nice and is willing to teach is trustworthy, yes
Do eet
Good bloke. He'll do us proud. Ye.
I'm squeezing my yes vote in before you get adminned instead.
wait you're not mentor yet whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

yes
acceptable.
Qwerty is a HUGE FUCKING NERD and yes they deserve the purple. They already seem to be helping people all the time without mentorhelp anyway. Yes indeed.