Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Make the Telepathy gene work like robotalk or hivemind when empowered
The Telepathy gene is rather useless. I think I did use it to communicate with one of my conspirators in Intrigue one time and that's about all the usage I've seen for it other than for jokes. It's only real use is as a part for TK pull, which, lets be honest, isn't too much more useful than for novelty.

It would be more useful if everyone who had telepathy activated (or empowered) also had access to a channel similar to robotalk or the changeling hivemind.

Edit: No actually, if it had to be empowered for this, then it would make it more OP because then it's basically a secret channel for the genetecist who finds it and splices the chromosome.
secret telepathy channel would be nice, especially for traitor genetics with mindslaves and just makes injectors. i think wraith should also be part of this channel, that'd be neat
(03-21-2019, 01:28 PM)NateTheSquid Wrote: secret telepathy channel would be nice, especially for traitor genetics with mindslaves and just makes injectors. i think wraith should also be part of this channel, that'd be neat

Yeah, I like that. Wraith and blob both need a way to communicate with the crew I think. Actually, having said that, it might make more sense thematically for it to let the blob talk on that. Wait, nevermind, both kind of fit depending on what *kind* of telepathy, the telepathy gene is supposed to be. Like spiritual, mediums and such; or sci fi like Star Trek Betazoids and Vulcans or xmen, Professor X. I always thought of it as the latter, but it could easily be both.

Also, I thought of an addition to the idea so I'll put it here. Using the active ability on someone will let them use the telepathy chat for a minute or so, in addition to sending the message it does now.
Maybe the cooldown for telepathy could be removed entirely? Having conversations with people telepathically is currently really awkward because of the long delay, I don't see a huge disadvantage you letting you send as many telepathic messages as you like. It's like an advanced form of whispering at that point, could maybe order mindslaves to do things discretely or other fun sneaky stuff.
Can I make an addon suggestion? Maybe make it so Cloner Mindslaves get a mindslave channel to talk over and the cloner mindslave kit comes with a DNA injection for the person that buys it.