schwicky_schwag hos application thread
Usual Character Name: Roman Lawhon
BYOND Username: Schwicky_Schwag
Recommended by (if applicable): Adhara in Space, InternetDweller, Lady Birb, Avack
Times Available:
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday: 6:00 PM to 11:00 PM PST
Tuesday: 2:30 PM to 11:00 PM
Friday-Sunday: Pretty much all day.
Reason for Application + Security Experience (total 600 word minimum): 
    So, after the success of my mentor application, becoming a contributor to the game, and then earning over a hundred medals, I have finally set my sights on the next piece of my presence in the community: becoming a Head of Security. My reason for becoming a Head of Security is that I want to be one of the many people trusted in organizing Security against threats, weeding out shitcurity, and teaching new officers the ropes. Seeing the huge boom of players as a result of a single Youtube video pushed me into writing this application, so that any new players that decide to join their first few shifts as a Security officer aren't completely lost or don't begin abusing their tools because they're not familiar with how the Law works. 
    Unfortunately, as I tend to frequent the RP server, a lot of experienced Security players may not be able to vouch for my ability as a member of Security. However, I believe that the RP server can greatly benefit from another player that's able to regularly play Head of Security. For one, I would be able to control and monitor the Security department in an environment that's typically a lot more relaxed. The RP environment is also great for being able to educate and train new officers. And of course, being able to open the Armory on demand is valuable for keeping the crew alive during some of the crazy events played out on RP1.
    I'm also aware that playing Security isn't just about sticking to Space Law and catching all the Bad Dudes. In the context of the game, I believe that playing Security is about keeping antagonists on their toes, guarding vulnerable targets, and punishing the bad guys if they mess up, like playing a game of chess. Sure, you could hunt down the antagonists early on while they're still vulnerable and keep everyone safe, but where's the fun in that? After all the antagonists end up dead or captured, the round just turns into a waiting simulator for the majority of the crew. As oxymoronic as it sounds, letting the antagonists get away with just the clothes on their back and possibly a couple spare telecrystals could make for a way more interesting round for both Security and the antagonist than if one side were to just steamroll the other.
    I had originally planned to write an HoS application way earlier, before I had even become a mentor, as I had been on a "streak" of playing security for some time. However, a certain incident where I became a rather large piece of Shitcurity ended up discouraging me from taking on Security roles for a while. I can say that I've definitely improved since then, as evidenced by my recent improvement in attitude and a good streak of shifts as a Security Officer on the RP server. I've learned how to handle people better, how to coordinate with my fellow officers and even other departments, and how to still let the bad guys have their fun too. I've also spent a bit of time on the non-RP server, where I could exercise my ability to combat the antagonists going loud, and how well I could protect the crew from threats. Overall, my outlook towards the role of Security on the station has changed a lot, which has ultimately led to the creation of this application. However, I am not one to make the final judgement on whether or not I can wear that sick hat, so this is where I ask you whether or not I am truly fit to be the Head of Security.

In your opinion, what are the flaws and benefits of the current security layout (brig, cells, security room etc): 
    I'll be reviewing the Security layout of the NSS Clarion, since that seems like to be the most popular map on RP1 at the moment. The general population cell definitely has a lot of practical use both for the Security team and for any bad guys, since it offers a good view from most parts of Security into the cell, and a back to a maintenance shaft, good for tunneling false walls into for sneaky breakouts. The two isolation cells are better for more "serious" containment, since they're closer to the center of Security, making them more visible, and have backs to a central hallway, making it harder to sneakily hide a false wall in one of the cells. The close proximity of Security to the Medical wing is definitely a plus, as it allows for both officers and prisoners to get treatment quickly. The questioning room definitely opens up a lot of RP opportunities, which can allow for antagonists to still get their interaction even if their nefarious deeds are over. The locker room is definitely well stocked, but the lack of a secure contraband crate is a bit iffy in my eyes. I'd definitely say the worst part of Clarion's security is the open placement of the riot launcher, and the placement of that god damn owl. Because the riot launcher is so visible and so close to the main door of Security, a careless officer or captain leaving the door open could easily let an assistant with quick hands nab one of the most versatile tools that Security has to offer and use it for their own purposes. And that damn owl. Why is it there? It just blocks off that couch! You'd have to go all around the table just to sit on it. Move it onto one of the chairs or something! God.

Previous Bans (While this will not affect your application lying about it will):
(DEL) Jun 04 2017 23:28pm | Submitter: ???? | Server lljk rp 1 | Player Key: schwickyschwag
  1. Note: Banned by ????, reason Repeated failures to improve his behavior over a long period of time. It s very much been a final straw. , duration: 7 Days
Schwick man gud boy. Not schwick man bad boy. Schwick man escalate gud. Schwick man RP gud boy ways. Schwick man know shit. Schwick man robust. Schwick man make good HoS Schwick Man boy man. +1 For Schwick man.
roman has been a good secman for a while. sure
Agreeable
I've played sec with Roman a lot. A good sec man. Give him a hat to stomp.
I vote Roman Lawhon for Hon. Lawro Man.
Roman isn't already HoS? This is a crime against Nanotrasen and her people!
I reckon he has the knack. Yes.
You are good and have Law in your name so yes.
good sec who is not rude and enables fun thru their sec playstyle. yes from me smile
Solid player that knows his stuff and expresses the right mindset for security.

Also we could always use more HoS players, especially for the ongoing player influx.
Roman is extremely knowledgeable and is a huge sec nerd.
Roman is a solid player, would be a good HoS
Schwicky most definitely has the ability and know-how and attitude to be a good HoS.
I don't recall having seen schwick in game as Roman in a few months, but then I haven't gone on goon1 and I think he is usually there instead of goon2. But I remember him being a good player and he's certainly a decent enough guy on discord and the forums. Yes from me.

By the way, we need to change that sec layout section. We're at what, 7 or 8 maps in rotation right now?