Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Merge Pulling and Grabs and New Grab mechanics
Get rid of pulls altogether. Instead, the ctrl+mouseclick comb becomes a a hotkey for interacting with things in the grab intent

Grab mechanics:
  1. Grab an item to hold onto an item, loosely pulling it
  2. Advance the grab to pull the item into your hand
  3. Clicking an item with an item in hand in grab swaps the two
  4. Lower level grabs can be performed while lying prone
Not that I have anything to do with it, but I can't see this ever happening. At least not for years or unless some individual goes on a crusade to get this "feature" in.

It might not seem like it outside looking in, but this is actually a really big change. Pulling is a pretty integral part of the game, it's all over the place. Not to mention, grabs only affect other mobs, so this would be a large change to grabs.

It's just an enormous amount of work for what essentially, is the removal of a feature.
Also a pull doesnt count as a touch, which is crucial in a lot of applications
(03-13-2019, 10:04 PM)kyle2143 Wrote: Not that I have anything to do with it, but I can't see this ever happening. At least not for years or unless some individual goes on a crusade to get this "feature" in.

It might not seem like it outside looking in, but this is actually a really big change. Pulling is a pretty integral part of the game, it's all over the place. Not to mention, grabs only affect other mobs, so this would be a large change to grabs.

It's just an enormous amount of work for what essentially, is the removal of a feature.

Oh yeah, I know this would be a huge change and one not likely to be undertaken.

I figured I would toss it out there, since I feel like it's less removing a feature and more of making some mechanics more consistent across the board while distinguishing the grab intent more. 

Feel free to treat this thread more as a discussion about grabs and pulls more than anything