Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Close-enough clones
If a clone is mostly done give them the option to eject early, even if they completely finished.

Alternatively install an intercom inside the cloner so that they can complain over the radio until someone adds more biomatter.
Yeah Ive gotten stuck in the cloner a good amount of times because people forget to put in biomatter. I think if you are awake and there is no biomatter that you should be able to yell at people to add more or eject yourself.
flipping inside the clone pod should have progress towards unlocking it (just so we are consistent on flip == escape interactions)
This idea would really shine if it all rearranged or misspelled your name in the same fashion as the Clerical Error quirk.
I liked the suggestion about it autoejecting once it runs out of biomatter. Cloning is straight up too boring, this will raise the stakes. Only slightly.
It should change a random feature.

Don't wanna wait? Get out now, but your hair color is Hot Pink instead of Brown.

You wanna come back now or perfectly?
(03-11-2019, 09:42 PM)APARTHEID Wrote: This idea would really shine if it all rearranged or misspelled your name in the same fashion as the Clerical Error quirk.

I really like this or the visual identifier idea or both!
(03-11-2019, 09:43 PM)kyle2143 Wrote: I liked the suggestion about it autoejecting once it runs out of biomatter. Cloning is straight up too boring, this will raise the stakes. Only slightly.

Give a warning or two so people have a chance to fix the situation, and don't eject if the reclaimer is currently running (since it doesn't add the biomatter until it's finished).
(03-11-2019, 08:47 PM)mbc Wrote: flipping inside the clone pod should have progress towards unlocking it (just so we are consistent on flip == escape interactions)

I like this. I like the idea that *flip is how you escape from everything. That way if you are stuck somewhere you think, "Well I can flip out of lockers and crates maybe I can flip out of this"
Not sure if it was a glitch, but when I suicided while awake and stuck in a clone pod it ejected me as a white unfinished clone, but otherwise I was fine.
Nah, it's pretty normal for the cloner to do that.

If the person in the cloner dies for whatever reason, it ejects them immediately.

It's why Puritans are so funny.
(03-12-2019, 03:58 PM)Technature Wrote: Nah, it's pretty normal for the cloner to do that.

If the person in the cloner dies for whatever reason, it ejects them immediately.

It's why Puritans are so funny.

I hate puritans because it always surprises me when they explode AND it makes a big fucking mess that I have to clean up now.