Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.75 Average
Emergency booths
Find yourself trapped in an area without atmosphere or heat with nothing to protect yourself? 

Pop into a specialized locker sized booth with it's own built in supply of clean breathable air, climate control, patent leather cushions, and even a bit of armor from small arms and shrapnel

Placed strategically in public spaces (and for a nominal fee) the booth acts as a place of respite until conditions improve or a rescue effort can be put together
I really dont see how these would be any more useful then just having a few more emergency supply lockers scattered around.
Especially not when you have to take out your cash or enter your pin with your ID first, instead of just clicking a locker, clicking the item and pressing V to equip it.

Lockers are already blast-proof and the emergency ones provide the things you listed. The only thing I would like to see is a few more in some public places, instead of being hidden behind a maintenance door (for example anywhere east of medbay on Cog1).
Emergency lockers provide air?
Allow people to hide in emergency fridges. Has built in air enrichment to ensure the food stays edible for as long enough to be cheaper than buying new food, which coincidentally would allow people to survive inside one in space. It is very cold inside so you would likely need to modify the fridge with a screwdriver or wrench to prevent frostbite and hypothermia.
(03-10-2019, 10:26 AM)KikiMofo Wrote: Emergency lockers provide air?

I meant the breathing/gas masks and some form of oxygen tanks in them.
these exist, they're called disposals chutes
Can they be emagged into suicide booths?