Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Change ability button keybinds to work when you use ctlr+#
This is kinda a two parter.

1. For most antagonists with abilities, you can bind said ability to any number key by doing something like ctlr+shft+alt+click and then press the number key on wasd mode. This was fine when the number keys didn't have any default bindings like they do now(intents/target zones), but now it overrides those.
This sort of makes the keybindings less than useful, especially since there isn't anything that tells you how to unbind a key, I had to look in the code to find out. Not to mention, on more than one occasion when I tried binding abilities, I would out myself as an antag by using an ability when I wanted to change intents. I know for a fact that I'm not the only one this has happened to.

Keybinds should instead be bound to ctlr+#key instead of just #key. It would prevent this problem.

2. You should be able to keybind genetics abilities.
This seems like it falls under oversight, I honestly would have to think for too hard and too long to come up with an excuse not to eventually do this
I constantly accidentally bind abilities to shit because I use Shift constantly to sprint in the middle of doing shit. It really should be made to CTRL
(03-09-2019, 03:52 PM)KikiMofo Wrote: I constantly accidentally bind abilities to shit because I use Shift constantly to sprint in the middle of doing shit. It really should be made to CTRL

I've had this same issue. It's a real pain as a wizard when you're trying to run away and you can't cast a spell because you accidentally keep binding it