Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Add a HUD Icon for Deafness
I didnt want to hijack the flashbang HUD thread, but having a hud indicator for deafness might be Neat
I think we should have a icon for each of the debilities. We already show stun timers and stuff. Might as well go for deafness times and gasping timers.
(03-07-2019, 04:24 PM)KikiMofo Wrote: I think we should have a icon for each of the debilities. We already show stun timers and stuff. Might as well go for deafness times and gasping timers.

What do you mean by gasping timers? The gasping results from suffocation, so i would say you cant really use a timer for it. Unless you want it to restart every time you walk into an airless tile.

Also have to think about what should show a symbol and what not, or maybe when. Changeling stings and other poisons shouldnt immediately have an icon pop up top right. This is a current problem the radbow has.
(03-08-2019, 02:29 AM)The Gorog Wrote:
(03-07-2019, 04:24 PM)KikiMofo Wrote: I think we should have a icon for each of the debilities. We already show stun timers and stuff. Might as well go for deafness times and gasping timers.

What do you mean by gasping timers? The gasping results from suffocation, so i would say you cant really use a timer for it. Unless you want it to restart every time you walk into an airless tile.

Also have to think about what should show a symbol and what not, or maybe when. Changeling stings and other poisons shouldnt immediately have an icon pop up top right. This is a current problem the radbow has.

I meant like for if you get injected with perfluoro
You already get messages when you go deaf or stop being deaf, and you can easily check it yourself by just farting or trying to talk. Blindness and the like are also pretty obvious, too.

(03-08-2019, 08:45 AM)KikiMofo Wrote: I meant like for if you get injected with perfluoro

That's the O2 indicator. v Just grab a reagent scanner or something.
LISTEN I WAS JUST TRYING TO THINK OF OTHER ICONS
Anyway my point stands. More icons for more things.