Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
a minor suggestion about floorbots
If there are pieces of scrap metal/metal rods/metal sheets nearby and the floorbot is empty, let it convert them into more floor tiles it can use. A lot of people forget they only come with ten by default.

Alternately just remove the whole having to load floor tiles thing, no other bot has that.
This is a good suggestion, I think taking it a step further wouldn't be out of the question.

The floor bot is the most useless of all bots for this very reason. Medibots come stock with a lot of good meds, securitrons never run out of cuffs or baton hits, sanitation droned can mop and clean up liquids forever. But they are all slow.

Floorbots are both slow, and don't come with any more tiles than you make for them really. If they can make their own tiles from things found on the ground or make tiles more efficiently (1 metal sheet to 8 tiles instead of 4) then they might be more useful.

But even with that they might not see much use, since now it is so quick to remake floors from explosion holes (click the tile in hand or on space, where before you had to lay lattice then click the latice with the tile), and you want to do it fast to keep air anyway.
Perhaps let them pick up loose floor tiles or even crowbar up ones from adjacent undamaged sections?
Make them much faster and allow you to insert sheets of metal directly, so you can load one up with 50 sheets and it'll helpfully lay down 200 new or improved floors. Right now the speed is slow to the point of being actually worthless.
I agree with just letting them come with infinite stacks of metal because like others have said, No other bots require you to fill them.
Having a bot be as shitty as the other bots is better than having it be worst bot.

I support the infinite metal stacks.
I never really used the floorbot. Does it only fix space holes, or will it place down those tiles that you can crowbar?
If it would be the second, you could abuse it to make infinite floortiles and I believe infinite materials from that.

Otherwise I couldnt see a reason as to why it should have a limited supply. Also these and the cleanbots seem way slower then Id personally like them to be.
If the floorbot gets unlimited tiles, first thing I am doing is releasing a bunch of them in space.
Good idea.
Well its not like they are fast or anything.
Personally, I think all bots should have to be reloaded, or more specifically they return to a station that does it automatically. But leaving stuff out for floor bots sounds good
I don't think making the other bots require reloading is a great idea because then they'd see even less use. Their drawback is in their speed already; if you had to reload a cleanbot or a firebot you'd do much better to just keep a cleaner bottle or fire extinguisher around instead since you'd be able to do it much faster.
Yeah the whole point of bots is probably moot if its easier to just get a spray bottle or fire extinguisher. I think the whole point of bots is to MAKE stuff easier.
Going to bump this again as well but suggest expanding the idea to "just make the bots do things faster". Cleanbots and floorbots are nigh-worthless in their current state.