Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Unban Appeal. Admin: Flourish.
Who banned me: Flourish
Byond Key:Unsure on how to find that
Specific Reason for ban (Copy and Paste): [Camden Sagan (Kaiserventure) [DEAD] SAY: homo sexual] When PM'd and asked to not say this and told that this was their final warning before a short ban (see their history), claimed "censorship" and asked me to "calm down", and eventually logged off before the conversation was over. Please make an appeal on the forums so we can finish our conversation, if you'd like to play here. Thanks.
Ban Length: Perma
What led to the ban: I was playing, I suppose and i'm still fairly new (only starting this year) I assume that I was pretty salty when I dead in which I said "Homosexual". I claimed censorship since the word Homosexual itself isn't a bad word in itself. I suppose I felt like "Dead Chat" is supposed to be an area that is more relaxed and allowed for a mix of OOC and IC. I suppose I was wrong.
Why I should be unbanned: Goonstation is one of the very few servers my terrible PC can run, as well I mistaken "Dead Chat" as a place to vent being after dying in game. I claimed "Censorship" due to the word "Homosexual" not technically being a slur (or curse word in that nature), so as a test to I said it. Though I am unsure about my history on Goon, I probably can guess it is not good, but I do not think that Permanent ban is just for a small infraction like this one as I've said i'm new, I'm still learning the ropes, learning the etiquette and from looking at other Appeals, I see that a lot of people use the "I'm new pls unban" as a scapegoat but I feel as if I am simply being banned for the character of my personality.
For the logging out part, I believe that was when my PC was in a total state of catastrophe; Every time I'd boot into Windows after awhile everything froze up and I had to hard reset, that was around the point where I was somewhat fed up and decided to call it a night since then I've done reinstalled Windows and it's been working semi-perfectly (not being able to play on some servers due to IE9 not being able to be installed.)
If any more information is needed please feel free to contact me by PM or by Discord DM (For a quicker response).

Ass Blast USA - KaiserVenture @ 11:42 PM WED
Gonna log off and catch up on some sleep.
Hi, sorry for the late response! The permaban was basically just a way to be able to continue our conversation, since it was unfinished. As a rule of thumb, mentioning sexuality isn't productive (especially when you're annoyed and are just looking for words to say to express your frustration) and so I'd really appreciate not saying stuff like that. Does that sound fair?
(03-09-2019, 12:46 AM)Flourish Wrote: Hi, sorry for the late response! The permaban was basically just a way to be able to continue our conversation, since it was unfinished. As a rule of thumb, mentioning sexuality isn't productive (especially when you're annoyed and are just looking for words to say to express your frustration) and so I'd really appreciate not saying stuff like that. Does that sound fair?

Yes, this is understandable. Apologies for late response on my behalf. I was working.
Awesome, I've unbanned you now. Have fun!