Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Give det a sec belt
Is it only going to hold the gun, and will it be hidden by the jacket?
(03-09-2019, 09:47 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: I like it. Possible to add a gun for when a firearm is being held in it? Something about the dynamic of visibly telling if the detective is armed and their coat hiding the fact sound fun to me
I have no idea. That seems like a coding question. I mean I can sprite the 38 in the holster kinda but the viability I have no idea.

(03-09-2019, 11:33 PM)Skornzy Wrote: Is it only going to hold the gun, and will it be hidden by the jacket?
It should work exactly like a secbelt and I made the holster slightly stick out into the middle open part of the jacket. If I sprite a gun in it the gun should also stick out too.
Could use *SLIGHTLY* lighter colors and MAYBE a second holster on the other side for symmetry. Would "detect" (aha) if there's a revolver in either slot based on the pocket.

Prolly stupid idea on my end tho tbh, otherwise looks REALLY good
(03-10-2019, 11:40 AM)Wisecrack34 Wrote: Could use *SLIGHTLY* lighter colors and MAYBE a second holster on the other side for symmetry. Would "detect" (aha)  if there's a revolver in either slot based on the pocket.

Prolly stupid idea on my end tho tbh, otherwise looks REALLY good

Detective only has one 38 so it wouldn't really make sense for two holsters. Only thing I can think would be like ammo on the other strap but uhh that doesn't really exist for speed loaders. Also on the subject of lighter colors how about this?

[Image: dWd7giC.png]
Also with the gun layer in there for people to see.
I like the lower half with the change but the top pixels feel iffy, though you're probably never gonna see em anyways so I'm just nitpicking (I'm not an artist so I have no idea if there's a way to """"fix"""""* it (Under the assumption that it needs "fixing")). The second holister thing is because on some maps the Detective gets 2 revolvers, one in his box and another on his desk, also akimbo = bestkimbo (And the argument could be made that a Detective should carry a taser as well for not being "shitcurity" and "a fucking serial killer who can't tell tazer rounds apart from lethals")
I think the revolver looks a little too dark? I'd recommend looking at the in-hand sprite for it.
(03-10-2019, 01:09 PM)InternetDweller Wrote: I think the revolver looks a little too dark? I'd recommend looking at the in-hand sprite for it.

The sprite is dark

[Image: 9OOx2wJ.png]
And here's all the finished sprite. Let me know if you guys are into it. If so Ill ask for it to be added.

[Image: dWd7giC.png]

[Image: ZjxNM1K.png]

And heres for my inspectors outfit, Also as a bonus I touched up the tie so it wasn't all just one color.

[Image: DHF1sVu.png]

[Image: eIYRJtA.png]

Oh and because someone suggested to show what the sprites would look like ingame size

[Image: h4wD50T.png]

[Image: cwLUXQB.png]
Plz add now tech nerds
Looks good, Cochise
GOOD NEWS EVERYONE
The holsters are now added to the game!(though they do not have the gun overlay yet BUT someone might do that someday)
Also I adjusted the inspectors outfit to look alittle better.
You know something I didn't really think about? Backpacks. They kinda just go over the holster
Maybe I shoulda made it a backpack replacement instead but then that wouldn't have solved the problem of detective needing a belt
I hope people like the holsters though.
I like it.

Seems like it works well with the satchel.

Perhaps it could be reconfigured to go over the armor vest?
You generally can't wear shoulder holsters with armor on so it really wouldn't look right besides the detective doesn't wear armor.
The holster should be able to hold the revolver, or a banana.