Poll: What User Interfaces do you want updated?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Character Setup
22.54%
16 22.54%
Occupations
15.49%
11 15.49%
Vending Machine
4.23%
3 4.23%
APC
9.86%
7 9.86%
Manufacturer
11.27%
8 11.27%
Pods (control panel, radar)
11.27%
8 11.27%
ID Machine
22.54%
16 22.54%
Other
2.82%
2 2.82%
Total 71 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
User Interface Poll
Some of you may be aware I made patch about 'loot ui'.
I'd like to continue improving the UIs.
So here's a poll to help gauge priorities!
When the poll results look stable I'll make a new thread for specific UIs.
One you want to see updated but isn't in the list? Post it in the thread and it'd be swell if you tag it with [UI].

I'm not makng any promises, but I'll see what I can do. a fancy greater domestic space-bee
As someone who plays a character with white hair, having a non-white background color for the character creator would be really nice.
can I choose all of the above?
(03-06-2019, 07:37 AM)ZeWaka Wrote: can I choose all of the above?
This is why I gave you three votes.
You can't have your cake and eat it too!
To be honest, I think things like vending machines are fine. My main annoyance is that when you screwdriver a vending machine, all of the wires will appear on the same menu. With things like APCs, Seed Machines, and some other things I believe I've forgotten, the wires will pop up in a separate menu. I find that very annoying! It'd be awesome for those to get merged.
(03-06-2019, 12:05 PM)InternetDweller Wrote: To be honest, I think things like vending machines are fine. My main annoyance is that when you screwdriver a vending machine, all of the wires will appear on the same menu. With things like APCs, Seed Machines, and some other things I believe I've forgotten, the wires will pop up in a separate menu. I find that very annoying! It'd be awesome for those to get merged.

I agree with this. I like how some of the machines have the hacking interface IN the normal window. I wish ALL hacking interfaces did the same thing.
I like it the other way where it's a separate window, maybe make it an option to toggle?
(03-06-2019, 04:48 PM)KikiMofo Wrote:
(03-06-2019, 12:05 PM)InternetDweller Wrote: To be honest, I think things like vending machines are fine. My main annoyance is that when you screwdriver a vending machine, all of the wires will appear on the same menu. With things like APCs, Seed Machines, and some other things I believe I've forgotten, the wires will pop up in a separate menu. I find that very annoying! It'd be awesome for those to get merged.

I agree with this. I like how some of the machines have the hacking interface IN the normal window. I wish ALL hacking interfaces did the same thing.

I could imagine making vending machines using the picture of the item you were buying as buttons, like soda machines do. 

There could also be a card and cash deposit button on the menu so you don't have to pull focus elsewhere

Also, cast another vote for other

PDA's could use a cleaner UI
Manufacturer UIs are horrible to go through because they're so big.

The occupations menu could use some revamping. Ideally the character setup one would be large enough to show everything and have the arrows in the same place in each column for easier moving. The latejoin one could show all jobs, even ones fully taken (but not have those selectable), so you can tell if something's full.

How do you update the UI for these? I'd be willing to throw my hat in if it's not too complicated; might give me a reason to finally set up a local server.
The Security TV's!!!! For fuck sake, there is a patch on the forum and everything!

Ok, Grim, calm down, breathe, the coders have seen and even responded to that, it will be in the soon enough. Just keep clam, keep breathing.