Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fun Mechanic solution
Marquesas Wrote:
Sundance Wrote:lol at all the butthurt over thermals. I was only giving examples, but having a cool multi-use glasses that you can construct and switch between modes by right-clicking (similar to a chameleon suit) would be pretty awesome, mechanics walking around with "goggles". Have them take alot of time to research, and be costly on mechanic parts (A box of mechanical stuff to restock from QM would also be good..), or even make it run off batteries..

idk if you actually read any of the criticism but let me reiterate it for you
nobody except power-hos-es (god forbid i just made up that word and feel terrible for using it) would ever think it's fine to add in things which are more powerful than the already ridiculous thermals.

Quote:Sunglasses that double as thermals or w/e.
Quote:I was only giving examples

I don't need to read anything, or care for that matter.

Weavel Wrote:can we not turn this into YET ANOTHER argument about thermals thanks
it was a random suggestion
it was a bad one

I'd be ok with shit like meson/shades, or maybe some sort of hightech super-helmet for the CE that does something like that combo. It doesnt need to be "ok well let's combine x with y" of course, it could be something alternative like built-in radios in helmets, a mini-reserve of oxygen in spacesuits, small things that would make life easier in general rather than in narrow areas.

Good idea's in bold. Please, keep stuff like that coming. Those would be upgrades you could slap onto things and screwdriver them in place. Making something completely new from scans would be modifications, stuff that'd encourage mechanics to experiment and scan. Basically, new fun things.
I think its a great idea. Mechanics is pretty boring atm.
Itd be great if you could replace the parts list with some kind of minigame instead, mashing the mousebutton until the part finally pops out is pretty frustratingly slow and uninteresting.