Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
CANNED AIR
(03-02-2019, 09:55 AM)STAR LORD Wrote: well is one that can be found and stored easily and you not need mask because you inhale directly from the can and the cure the suffocation fast
This exists. I won't spoil it here, because apparently it is not common knowledge, but there exists a chem that restores O2 damage. It can be cooked at any chem-dispencer+heat source, can be found randomly (very rarely though) in lockers, and there are garuantied at least 6 pills of it on every station.
but it restore that damage instanly and is easy to get for everyone?
I feel like pills are more of a nerd candy thing, if a regular goof ball needs a quick huff of air without having medical access then pills seem like a REALLY weird solution to it (not in the hip, space station weird way). I'd like it if they were designed as hand held oxygen containers that require no mask to use. This differentiates it from the emergency canister by being MUCH more short term and different from the pills by being accessible,refillable and reusable. Also vending machines should carry a few for emergencies. They still cost credits because Nanotrasen needs dosh and the idea of someone frantically trying to punch in their credit card number so they can get a can of air seems like it would be a scene from Spaceballs 2. Finally, do you mean canned air like the things used for cleaning out PCs or the superior Perri-air from Spaceballs?
I mean, there are oxy-dep medkits around, which contain salbutamol (standard med-grade chem, though a total PITA to make) pills, which heals a hefty 6 oxy and 4 losebreath per life cycle, more than enough to spacewalk without internals I believe, and as Wisecrack said, basically fill the role you want. There's also perfluoro, which is... way easier to make(?!?) and restores 25 oxy damage per cycle and locks losebreath to 6 (All chem details taken off of the wiki)
(03-09-2019, 05:01 PM)Tarmunora Wrote: I mean, there are oxy-dep medkits around, which contain salbutamol (standard med-grade chem, though a total PITA to make) pills, which heals a hefty 6 oxy and 4 losebreath per life cycle, more than enough to spacewalk without internals I believe, and as Wisecrack said, basically fill the role you want. There's also perfluoro, which is... way easier to make(?!?) and restores 25 oxy damage per cycle and locks losebreath to 6 (All chem details taken off of the wiki)

what if everyone already used all oxy dep kits and u cant reach chem dispenser (for any reason) and you only have a vending machine near
Fairly certain the medical vending machines DO sell salbutamol pills
I like the general idea but Star Lord's defense is weaker than a quadriplegic dwarf with 2 eyepatches and a wad of tape up it's ass. I like the idea because it would act as an emergency refill that references spaceballs, different from pills because you get a few uses out of it and still work if your internal chems are fucked up hard or if you're missing an arm, along with adding a new layer of protection from space. To me, it doesn't make sense that eating a pill will somehow make your oxygen good again, there's a mechanic like that in Barotrauma and I can abuse the shit out of it, I'd much prefer something fairly simple that makes a tad more sense.

Also pills are far more expensive for Nanotrasen, chances are they'd rather their crew use recyclable aluminium cans filled with oxygen than some fancy nerd candy that costs them more.