Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Medals and medal rewards!
Not necessarily a new medal per se, but I think that Tinkerer should have a reward of some sort.

Some ideas:

A. Being able to reskin a laser gun and/or energy gun to look like the antique

B. A welding helmet skin

C. A skin for the antique itself
Makes the Antique Gun look like the Ultimatum Answerer
(03-10-2019, 11:28 AM)Wisecrack34 Wrote: Makes the Antique Gun look like the Ultimatum Answerer

Can we just get this as an actual gun? Projectile flies forwards until it reaches its target, then stops for a bit before actually exploding? v
vorewolf: have your body be completely mauled by a werewolf
the reward for having your soul stolen by a macho man should goldgib you when claimed
The Ultimate Lifeform- End the round brain-dead in space with full health
(03-11-2019, 03:59 PM)Berrik Wrote: the reward for having your soul stolen by a macho man should goldgib you when claimed

People could abuse that with immortality i.e. chaplain contracts.
Who cares
As non-constructive as Berrik's post is, he's a point. A player gaining immortality is rare, a player getting Macho Touched is rarer, and a player who has been Macho Touched previously gaining immortality is even rarer. It's so rare that's it's pretty much never going to happen, and when it does, I don't see it being any worse than infinite golden statues from people using the reward and reviving over and over or some sort of bug similar to the cases of certain deaths bypassing Soulguard.  

If it's really a concern, the medal reward could easily check for immortality conditions and prevent it from being claimed, given there's maybe a handful of immortality sources. Heck, there's even a global var for unkillable players in the 2016 source. It'd avoid the aforementioned bugs, infinite golden statues, and, in the case the chaplain contracts, any lore or whatever issues about breaking a supposedly unbreakable/unfavorable Faustian bargain.
Freaky Friday - Mind swap with another player by any of the different available means
Major Tom - Float in the most peculiar way (by way of negative matter (I think that's the name of it?), or some other method)
What kind of "abuse" would leaving gold statues anywhere even be anyways. How would that be any worse than, say, a cheese fiire extinguisher.

It's not like you can do anything with them.
I haven't seen any new medals added. Then again, there haven't been any new medal icons frown
(02-25-2019, 11:53 AM)Zamujasa Wrote: "One-Arm bandit": Lose an arm to the Hell slot machine.
"Damnbuster": Win your freedom from the Hell slot machine.

I don't know anything about this slot machine (im assuming its a chaplain bargain thing) but i was struck with divine inspiration and had to make an icon for one/both of these

[Image: attachment.png]
(03-14-2019, 04:09 AM)cyberTripping Wrote:
(02-25-2019, 11:53 AM)Zamujasa Wrote: "One-Arm bandit": Lose an arm to the Hell slot machine.
"Damnbuster": Win your freedom from the Hell slot machine.

I don't know anything about this slot machine (im assuming its a chaplain bargain thing) but i was struck with divine inspiration and had to make an icon for one/both of these

[Image: attachment.png]

This is really good!

Hell is a place you go if you decide that farting on the bible isn't enough. It has a slot machine that can rip off limbs or ghostize you.
Since i'm enjoying making icons, i figured i'd just make a thread for mine to limit spam, so i can just add them to the thread when i feel like making more