Poll: How should loyalty implants interact with SecHuds?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Loyalty implants are fine in their current state.
0%
0 0%
Loyalty implants update allegiance status automatically
52.63%
10 52.63%
Allow Security to set allegiance status using Secmate/Securitrons.
47.37%
9 47.37%
Total 19 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Revolution and SecHuds
During recent discussions pertaining to the Revolution game mode, an idea was presented that I feel warrants it's own discussion thread. 

(02-18-2019, 09:43 PM)Doctor Zaius Wrote: Don't know if this is the right thread for this, but I don't really know where else to put it; it'd be nice if people that have been loyalty implanted would show up as such on sechuds. It can get to be kind of a pain in the butt to keep track of who's gotten their shots and who hasn't, which can be pretty crippling when revs can keep track of each other perfectly.

Heads and Security should have access to a better way to keep track of which crewmen have been implanted. However, there are many players who feel that the paranoia and chaos associated with not knowing someone's allegiance are central to Rev's appeal as a game mode. Revolution is a game mode that emphasizes the importance of communication and coordination between Heads and Sec, automatically updating someone's "Loyalty" status after implanting them would arguably detract from that. 

I think a way to reconcile these two points of view is to give the option of setting crewmembers as "Loyal" through the use of Secmate and the handheld Securiton 9000; The "Loyal" status would have an accompanying SecHud bubble, similar to "Arrest" and "Paroled". This also gives Revolutionaries a potential infiltration tool by falsely setting themselves as "Loyal" to get close to unsuspecting Station Heads.

In short, allowing Security to set a crewmember's loyalty status provides them with a way to keep track of crewmember allegiance while still preserving the paranoia/confusion inherent to the Rev game mode and the importance of communication, as well as giving more utility to an underutilized Security tool.
11/10, this is literally perfect
This seems like a good idea. Tg had a similar idea but it automatically set it so there was no way to really fake it. Manually setting it seems swell though
I dunno, loyalty implants having a tell can also have a use outside of Rev.

Like, if you implanted people during a ling round, and you see them later without the implant, you'd know they'd been absorbed.
(02-23-2019, 02:52 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: I dunno, loyalty implants having a tell can also have a use outside of Rev.

Like, if you implanted people during a long round, and you see them later without the implant, you'd know they'd been absorbed.

I thought it was mentioned as a sec mate thing, not an injector thing so a ling could easily just make themselves dinged as loyal :/
(02-24-2019, 05:32 AM)Wisecrack34 Wrote:
(02-23-2019, 02:52 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: I dunno, loyalty implants having a tell can also have a use outside of Rev.

Like, if you implanted people during a long round, and you see them later without the implant, you'd know they'd been absorbed.

I thought it was mentioned as a sec mate thing, not an injector thing so a ling could easily just make themselves dinged as loyal :/

That's what I mean. If it was an implant, you could test someone, implant them to mark them as safe, and if they get absorbed and the ling transforms into them, they won't have that implant.
I think that being able to implant people with a loyalty implant to determine if they've been eaten or not wouldn't make anything more fun. You can already do it with a health implant anyway.
I really love this idea
I think loyalty implants should automatically update the security records to indicate that someone has been implanted, but also allow the record to be edited through security records.

Not doing it automatically would likely end up with Security never actually updating the records (making it so that updating the records as a non-loyal player would be a lot less useful).
(02-25-2019, 12:05 PM)Zamujasa Wrote: I think loyalty implants should automatically update the security records to indicate that someone has been implanted, but also allow the record to be edited through security records.

Not doing it automatically would likely end up with Security never actually updating the records (making it so that updating the records as a non-loyal player would be a lot less useful).

I think them having to go through the trouble of updating it is what makes it a good idea.
(02-25-2019, 02:13 PM)OMJ Wrote:
(02-25-2019, 12:05 PM)Zamujasa Wrote: I think loyalty implants should automatically update the security records to indicate that someone has been implanted, but also allow the record to be edited through security records.

I think them having to go through the trouble of updating it is what makes it a good idea.

My only issue with manual input would be that it gives an already swamped security force an unnecessary step that revs don't need to deal with. I think having it be an automated process would go a long way towards making the mode more balanced.
(02-25-2019, 04:40 PM)Skornzy Wrote:

My only issue with manual input would be that it gives an already swamped security force an unnecessary step that revs don't need to deal with. I think having it be an automated process would go a long way towards making the mode more balanced.

i think this should be viewed as a luxury, not as something meant to balance rev tbh.

edit: now that I think about it, you're dead on right. there shouldn't be more steps added to bog down sec in what's viewed as an unbalanced gamemode off rip.
(02-25-2019, 04:40 PM)Skornzy Wrote:

That's why I suggested the ability to set Loyalty status with Securitron 9000 as well; Just implant and tag, no need to enter anything into the computer. Alternatively, ask the AI to update the security records. It's also worth noting that Brobocop are equipped with a Securitron.
And it would update if the implant is cut out as well?
(02-26-2019, 08:46 PM)Kovirii Wrote: And it would update if the implant is cut out as well?

I hadn't considered the possibility of someone cutting out the implant to be honest. I'd prefer Loyalty status not update in the event the implant is removed. This would further incentivise Revs to remove loyalty implants, providing them with a revolutionary that appears "Loyal" and can approach Heads/Security without arousing suspicion. 

That said, not having Loyalty status update automatically when implanted would render this a nonconcern since it would need to updated by the crew regardless.