Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Janitors and a- ACHOO carpets
Lightbulb 
So! I've been thinking: 'Hey, what if these carpets... got dusty overtime?'
And i got an idea that would give janitors more 'fun' activities.

So, here's the idea: Over time the carpets will get dusty, and will make you sneeze a lot near them. 
Think that's all? NOPE. Everyone a gangsta until the sneezing has a 30 (or 20) percent chance to drop items you are a holding. 

Once a carpet gets dusty, when you hover over them, they label as 'Dusty carpet'.
Upon examining a dusty carpet, you'll get a message 'This is a Carpet. It's dusty.' or something among these lines.

So! To fight the good ol' dust , i have invented a vaccuum cleaner for our space janitors!

[Image: spriteroos_2.png]

It will start off disabled (obviously), but once you enable it, you can just walk on the carpet to clean it.
Maybe it even can eat ants. It's up to coders, really.

MAYBE antags could make bombs out of these, It's up to coders, really x2.

So yeah, that's the idea. I'll go back to my thinking den.
You hit the clown in the face with the vacuum cleaner!
The vacuum sticks to the clown's face!
A muffled scream comes from the vacuum cleaner bag!
Emag lets it hold 1 person you hit with grab intent
(02-24-2019, 05:36 AM)Wisecrack34 Wrote: Emag lets it hold 1 person you hit with grab intent

robovore
Dammit, the conspiracy is deeper than I thought, even I'M involved now!
Not too fond of the carpet idea, but being able to use the vaccuum cleaner to pick up tiny items, like ammo cartridges and such, would be really nice.
Maybe it could use the already existing trashbags the janitor has. Filling those manually is a pain in the arse.
Historically as a janitor main the bane of my existence is small items that you have to collect a lot of, like bullet casings. I don't think dusty carpets would be fun at all but having an item that at the very least collects all nearby items into one tile would be a godsend for using with the trash cart.

I'd suggest an emagged vacuum cleaner both picks up items instead of pulling, and can pick up ANY item that fits in-hand, so you can just vanish backpacks, shotguns, and RPGs into vacuum-space.
It goes without saying that this would need to come with a loud continuous vacuum sound.
Syndicate vacuum cleaner that lets you suck people's clothes/limbs off
(02-25-2019, 08:22 AM)Firebarrage Wrote: It goes without saying that this would need to come with a loud continuous vacuum sound.

Use the singularity one to scare the shit out of people. For some time atleast until they know.
1. suck up broken glass
2. set to blow
3. blow broken glass at people
Sounds like a glass cannon