Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
QDMM Ideas, Suggestions, Bug Reports, Creation Showoff, and Changelog thread
Thumbs Down 
This bug has been discussed in the discord and its solution isn't immediately obvious.

I have no idea what causes the 2 letter bug. iirc it's caused by FastDMM, maybe someone who uses dreammaker can correct me.

The bug makes your map file unreadable by any map editor and gives cryptic errors about a missing =

The root of the bug is that you have a declaration in your dmm file that only has 2 letters. For example:

Code:
"ylv" = (/turf/simulated/wall/r_wall,/area)
"yX" = (/obj/mopbucket,/turf/simulated/floor/specialroom/arcade,/area)

2 letter declarations are not allowed so it causes the map parsing process to implode and give strange errors. Removing the problem line outright does not solve the issue because the giant ascii picture below the declarations will reference that 2 letter string somewhere at least once. You have to replace the 2 letter string with a valid one and that can be hard to solve since it's a jumble of fucking ascii. You have to make sure to not replace a valid string with one that does not exist or it won't fix your broken file. I think this is the jist of it.
I just wanted to say that this program is fantastic! It's helped me a lot in a mapping project I've been doing, and is a straight up improvement from FastDMM. Thank you very much for making this, you've saved me a lot of tedium and headaches! I hope development for this continues.

The most I'd request is some small quality of life adjustments, like adding a button to re-minimize everything in the object tree like Dream maker has, and for the search to reset back to showing everything when you empty it (currently it still shows me what I searched before after I deleted the text in the search bar.)

EDIT: Some other little QOL features I thought of that would be nice:
- A hotkey to:
- Copy/paste/delete objects.
- Select an object and make it the active one (Like what ctrl + shift clicking does in Dream Maker).
Sorry but this project is discontinued, I don't have the energy nor time to work on it anymore. Use FDMM2 or StrongDMM
Can there be a way to load up maps that don't come with Goonstation? Is there already? I can't find it.