Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
QDMM Ideas, Suggestions, Bug Reports, Creation Showoff, and Changelog thread
QDMM or QwertyDMM is my fork of the byond map editor FastDMM. I've added a ton of stuff, and fixed a ton of things already.

I'm not much of a mapper myself, so I'm making this for you guys. That being said, feel free to post suggestions, bug reports, ideas, etc. 

You can also show off things you've made with it here.

You can download the latest version here (1.10.2):
[Image: b1BKyKD.png]

Old Versions:

Latest Changelog:
+ Searching the Object tree (this took hours to pull off)
+ Changed the mode keybinds to ctrl + 1, 2, and 3
+ Changed the directional placement keybind to ctrl+alt+click
+ Fixing a time where it would randomly crash while closing out of a right click menu

Full Changelog:
+ Fixed countless null pointer exceptions
+ Changed redo keybind to Ctrl+Shift+Z
+ Made zooming with scroll less awful
+ Fixed lag
+ Fixed random crashes
+ Added rightclick submenu to edit direction
+ Added animations
+ Added a toggle for animations
+ Added keybinds for placement modes
+ Added a toggle for the console
+ Fixed more lag
+ Swapped the ok and cancel buttons on the edit vars window
+ Added the icon state picker menu
+ Made the DME parser faster (This is a fork of FastDMM not SlowDMM!)
+ Fixed a stupid memery leak
+ Added a separate menu for modes
+ Fixed undo and redo not working outside of the canvas
+ You can exclude things from filters using ! (ex: !/obj/item)
+ You can search for vars now
+ You can use arrow keys to pan, and shift+arrow keys to pan pages
+ Added fill selection with type
+ Added pixel placement (ctrl+shift+click then drag on placement mode)
+ Fixed, yet again, more null pointers
+ Added edit var for type in selection
+ Added Help Menu
+ Added Ctrl+Y redo
+ rich presence
+ directional zoom, zooms to your cursor
+ branding
+ fix compatibility issues

BUGS: If you make a map NEW MAP in QDMM, you will most likely run into problems. You are best off making the map in DM then opening it with QDMM

IF you do wanna create the NEW file with QDMM, follow these instructions: Click new and make the new map, place one tile, save, close out of qdmm, open it again.
TODO LIST (WILL UPDATE):

Todo Items:

- Add find and replace
- Make less laggy
- Make less laggy again
- Add tree search
- Clean up the code a ton
- Directional Zoom
- Faster way to make something an active item

Completed Items:

- Add help menu
Maybe it'd be a good idea to have a "Help" section somewhere that'd bring up a list of hotkeys and such?
Possible to have it zoom in where the mouse cursor is VS center of screen? I have a habit of zooming out and then back in to move from different areas
(02-20-2019, 09:02 PM)InternetDweller Wrote: Maybe it'd be a good idea to have a "Help" section somewhere that'd bring up a list of hotkeys and such?
Done

https://mega.nz/#!VMxm1CSC!8Gk4byK2g0gPP...-21s9a3uTQ

+ Bugfixes
+ Added help menu
+ Added Ctrl+Y redo
Two things I can think of that might speed things up
-A shortcut that lets you hold a key and click to make something your active object based on pixel placement
- An optional visual tag for when more than instance of an object is on the same tile
(02-21-2019, 10:45 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Possible to have it zoom in where the mouse cursor is VS center of screen? I have a habit of zooming out and then back in to move from different areas

https://i.imgur.com/9rJWf0z.gifv

Added, will be in 1.9

Must have this update, vital bug fixes involving compatbility.

https://mega.nz/#!xcY3ESBA!xzd1NyxuptI8J...1ZrDjQ-RPA

+ rich presence
+ directional zoom, zooms to your cursor
+ branding
+ fix fugs and lag
+ fix compatibility issues
tonight imma try this
is this on github? I tried messing with fastdmm a while ago but the codebase was so fucked and horrible to work with that I just couldn't handle it
(04-01-2019, 08:31 AM)elan_oots Wrote: is this on github? I tried messing with fastdmm a while ago but the codebase was so fucked and horrible to work with that I just couldn't handle it

OH BOY IS FASTDMM AWFUL TO WORK WITH IT MAKES ME CRY TO LOOK AT MY OWN CODE BECAUSE IT'S ALL BODGED TOGETHER TO SIMPLY WORK WITH THE BUCKET OF SHIT MONSTER860 LEFT ME TO WORK WITH AHHHH

I'll push latest changes later and sendy'a'linkt
1.10.2 is here

+ Searching the Object tree (this took hours to pull off)
+ Changed the mode keybinds to ctrl + 1, 2, and 3
+ Changed the directional placement keybind to ctrl+alt+click
+ Fixing a time where it would randomly crash while closing out of a right click menu

BUGS: If you make a map NEW MAP in QDMM, you will most likely run into problems. You are best off making the map in DM then opening it with QDMM

IF you do wanna create the NEW file with QDMM, follow these instructions: Click new and make the new map, place one tile, save, close out of qdmm, open it again.

I plan to fix this in the future ^

LLLLLIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNKKKKKKKKKKK
I wanna fool around with this and i'm a complete noob so i'll be writing a how-to as I slowly learn what the fuck i am doing.

1. Pull from the goonstation git repo using SourceTree or somesuch (https://github.com/goonstation/goonstation-2016.git).
2. Load the DME from the goonstation folder.
3. File -> New
4. Set dimensions to 300x300, 1 z-level. Draw one tile in the middle. Save the map then close QDMM and reopen it. You now have a new map you can start editing.

Are there any visibility settings planned in the future? ie. Being able to toggle hide all area markers/turf/mob/object would be enormously helpful. I was zooming around on cogmap looking at how things are done but the area highlights really make it hard to focus on what's beneath.
(04-10-2019, 07:32 AM)twoski Wrote: Are there any visibility settings planned in the future? ie. Being able to toggle hide all area markers/turf/mob/object would be enormously helpful. I was zooming around on cogmap looking at how things are done but the area highlights really make it hard to focus on what's beneath.

It's already in. In the top bar, I think it's called Filter or something, you can put in the types you want to see.