Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
QDMM Ideas, Suggestions, Bug Reports, Creation Showoff, and Changelog thread
Oh i missed that. Cool.

Some other ideas for nice-to-have features.

- A toggle-able grid display that lets the user set the x and y size of grid cells.
- A ruler tool that lets you draw a line from A to B and it tells you the length.
- A work zone designation tool. Similar to the grid display except you specify a start X/Y and an end X/Y and it will grey out everything outside of the bounds of that rectangle. Would be useful for people who are setting up their initial station footprint and want to set bounds to work within.
- Support for ctrl+c and ctrl+v to quickly copy and paste the selected elements would be nice, currently you have to right click to get a context menu so you can copy and paste.
- Have it remember the DME you last loaded so you don't have to load the same one every time.
- Some hotkey to do Make Active Object where the cursor is currently, like Alt+click or something.
- If the user has several objects selected and sets the direction to north, all of them should face north. Currently only one does.
idk if this is a thing but is there a toggle for dm keybinds? its what im used to, but im pretty sure im the only person who wants them so idk
(04-10-2019, 08:07 AM)twoski Wrote: Oh i missed that. Cool.

Some other ideas for nice-to-have features.

- A toggle-able grid display that lets the user set the x and y size of grid cells.
- A ruler tool that lets you draw a line from A to B and it tells you the length.
- A work zone designation tool. Similar to the grid display except you specify a start X/Y and an end X/Y and it will grey out everything outside of the bounds of that rectangle. Would be useful for people who are setting up their initial station footprint and want to set bounds to work within.
- Support for ctrl+c and ctrl+v to quickly copy and paste the selected elements would be nice, currently you have to right click to get a context menu so you can copy and paste.
- Have it remember the DME you last loaded so you don't have to load the same one every time.
- Some hotkey to do Make Active Object where the cursor is currently, like Alt+click or something.
- If the user has several objects selected and sets the direction to north, all of them should face north. Currently only one does.

#1: Might add a grid display
#2: You can make a selection of 1*x tiles or x*1 tiles and it shows you how many tiles you have selected in the bottom left
#3: Can't you use areas for this?
#4: Working on it
#5: Working on it
#6: Working on it
#7: It only changes vars for atoms that are of the type or are a subtype of the atom you have selected in the object tree

(04-10-2019, 10:42 AM)Adhara In Space Wrote: idk if this is a thing but is there a toggle for dm keybinds? its what im used to, but im pretty sure im the only person who wants them so idk

Working on custom keybinds
I had a crash the other day but my screencap failed so i couldn't get the error message. It crashed when i right clicked on a security camera near arrivals on the cogmap dmm, so you might be able to repro the crash.

OH also one request - i keep highlighting stuff and pressing delete out of habit and nothing happens. That would be a lovely hotkey.

And if anyone has issues where they get java errors related to the heap being full, just make a .bat file next to your QDMM .jar file and put the following in it: java -Xmx1024m -jar qdmm.jar. For whatever reason my computer decided that java's heap size should be really small so it caused the program to crash often.

Here's the bugs i've gotten so far:

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 1 >= 0
at java.util.Vector.elementAt(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.MenuSelectionManager.setSelectedPath(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.MenuSelectionManager.clearSelectedPath(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicPopupMenuUI$MouseGrabber.cancelPopupMenu(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicPopupMenuUI$MouseGrabber.eventDispatched(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Toolkit$SelectiveAWTEventListener.eventDispatched(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Toolkit$ToolkitEventMulticaster.eventDispatched(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Toolkit.notifyAWTEventListeners(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
Oh you know what would be nice? hotkeys for changing the direction of things. Maybe the numpad, or just two keys for cycling clockwise and counterclockwise
(04-11-2019, 03:38 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Oh you know what would be nice? hotkeys for changing the direction of things. Maybe the numpad, or just two keys for cycling clockwise and counterclockwise

To add on to this, i think making it use the numpad would be very cool. So 7 = northwest, 8 = north, 9 = northeast, etc.

Of course not everyone has a numpad on their keyboard so i guess Q/E could rotate left and right.
small bug - if you use the paste command without copying anything, it causes an error.

org.json.JSONException: A JSONObject text must begin with '{' at 1 [character 2 line 1]
at org.json.JSONTokener.syntaxError(JSONTokener.java:451)
at org.json.JSONObject.<init>(JSONObject.java:195)
at org.json.JSONObject.<init>(JSONObject.java:319)
at com.github.tgstation.fastdmm.editing.FloatingSelection.fromClipboard(FloatingSelection.java:195)
at com.github.tgstation.fastdmm.editing.placement.SelectPlacementMode$PasteListener.actionPerformed(SelectPlacementMode.java:264)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton.doClick(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI.doClick(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI$Handler.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
On it
After I search for something, I can no longer see anything but the thing I searched for after I clear it.

after i search for tile_edge and clear it

[Image: jyiIJVl.png]
(04-18-2019, 01:23 PM)ZeWaka Wrote: After I search for something, I can no longer see anything but the thing I searched for after I clear it.

after i search for tile_edge and clear it

[Image: jyiIJVl.png]

Rare bug I've noticed, it's on my todo list
I'm bad at git so the PR I opened for fixing your gradle.properties also contains a fix for the searching bug now.
https://github.com/qwertyquerty/QwertyDM...bfd663718f
i can't totally confirm this (or repro) yet but i think i figured out the issue i've been having.

i've been noticing that some tiles on my map have duplicates of everything. ie. a tile with 2 tables, 2 pens, 2 paper bins. It's happening with a frequency that makes me think it's not me doing it, since i've been pretty mindful of dragging tiles on top of eachother.

I think what's happening is that i'm rapidly switching modes on the fly with ctrl+1 and ctrl+2 and when doing that, there is some sort of sequence of actions that causes the last selected tile(s) to duplicate in place despite me not moving them anywhere.

So for example, i use the selection tool to copy a table and paste it elsewhere then swap to placement mode and place a few items then swap to select mode again, and somewhere in this sequence of actions, something causes the last selected table to duplicate.
(04-19-2019, 04:03 AM)elan_oots Wrote: I'm bad at git so the PR I opened for fixing your gradle.properties also contains a fix for the searching bug now.
https://github.com/qwertyquerty/QwertyDM...bfd663718f

Merging this, it will be in the next build. I'm sorry you had to experience the QDMM code
Wait how are you people searching?
(04-22-2019, 06:52 AM)FULLDEMOCRATICCOMMUNISTFASCISM Wrote: Wait how are you people searching?

downlod da latest bild