Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
ID Mini-bios
So I had a cool idea for a patch, but I wanted to ask some players for input before I code it. Basically it's some text you can enter during character creation, like flavor text, that will show up on your ID. Kind of like a small mini-bio of your character. It would show up upon examining it.

You would be able to edit the text using ID modification computers.
How about it displays a photo, age, blood-type, and whether or not you're an organ donor
I love it! Goon1 players would love this, too. Could include your place of birth, date of birth, and so much more backstory stuff for your characters.
Opt-in / opt-out field like people have for organ donors but for being turned into a cyborg.

Also a puritan field unless that's making the job too easy for the doctors.
the mugshot Frank suggested would be amazing
I feel like this would bring up meta problems, when trying to impersonate someone by making a copy of their ID, or when using an agent card to mimic somebody.

This information being editable via ID computers would help alleviate this a bit, however, if there was to be a whole bunch of information added to it, I'd think that it'd be unfeasible to copy all of the information.
(02-17-2019, 11:25 AM)InternetDweller Wrote: I feel like this would bring up meta problems, when trying to impersonate someone by making a copy of their ID, or when using an agent card to mimic somebody.

I do to, which is why I think keeping it down to some basic info would be best.
Could have ID computers track what's written as the sub-text on each person's ID that's been used in an ID computer, in the manifest section. Then you'd be able to copy it if you had access to an ID computer, but with agent ID's it'd be harder to copy an actual person, but wouldn't change how hard it is to impersonate a random new person.
Why not just have agent cards also have the same bio? I see no problems with that.
(02-19-2019, 07:59 AM)qwertyquerty Wrote: Why not just have agent cards also have the same bio? I see no problems with that.

What do you mean? Like, be able to set a bio? Or automatically copy the bio associated with the name of the person on the station?
(02-19-2019, 01:50 PM)InternetDweller Wrote:
(02-19-2019, 07:59 AM)qwertyquerty Wrote: Why not just have agent cards also have the same bio? I see no problems with that.

What do you mean? Like, be able to set a bio? Or automatically copy the bio associated with the name of the person on the station?

The latter