Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minor When the AI uses vending machines, the items spawn under the AI ghost
While I was trying to spook the crew as a ghost as per according to my laws, I started putting out junk from the SecMates. But the handcuffs and stuff spawned under my AI ghost instead of the vending machine. It was very spooky and haunting, but seems fairly exploitable to be able to spit out medicine, flash/cell assemblies and drinks across the station on demand. Also, you can remotely fill your own AI core with monkeys.

To reproduce: 
Be an AI, and look around as the AI ghost. Use any of the vending machines that don't require money. The item spawns where your ghost is.
Adding onto this thread,
This extends to all silicons in general operating unexpectedly with the patch.

Ejecting cyborg beakers from heaters drops them on the ground at cyborg's position.

Dispensing vendor goods also drops them at cyborg's position instead of on top of the vendor.

The second behavior may or may not be intended(though IMO it shouldn't be the case) but the first definitely shouldn't be.
One more thing about the patch:

When you take the Control Unit from the MechComp dispenser it now spawns in your hand. You can drop it as usual so that's okay. But if you put it in a container there seems to be no way of getting it back out. When you click it it simply brings out the Control Unit configuration. (Honestly I think the bast way to fix this would be to only open the configuration window if the unit is wrenched in place.)
fixed bug in thread title : Drop items on the output machine, not at usr loc.

did not address pali6's report, leaving thread open until then
fixxxx