Mentor Application: Adhara in Space
Usual Character Name:
Oh geeze I tend to go between a lot of people (mostly RP server characters, I rarely play on G2)
Ada O'hara, Persephone Castiglione, Dakota Lloyd, Naomi Blackford, Ellie Bees, Delila Gurlukovich, Ai Yoshiyomi, Saavi Yutani, Ireen/Irene Robinson (I really only played her a long while ago, but she's my most consistently played character)

BYOND Username:
Adhara in Space (It was previously wraithcraft but I changed it pretty late into 2017)

Recommended by (if applicable):
Schwicky Schwag, Camryn Buttes, Internetdweller, Avack

Times Available:
7am to 11pm CDT (I almost always have a wifi or a data connection strong enough for discord to work, so I can answer questions even if I'm not playing)

Reason for Application + Game Experience (300 word minimum):
I'm applying for mentor because, at the end of the day, I really love helping people and helping people enjoy things more. I know it sounds super sappy and cliche but its true! If I can help someone understand something they might not and better their lives for it, it leaves me feeling happy and fuzzy. I feel like I could be a mentor because, right now, I think I've reached a point where i can accomplish that! I've really been working at becoming a better person for the past few months. 

Even though I sometimes slip up and lose progress, I think overall I've gotten better at being less abrasive and more kind and helpful. I'm good at non-condescendingly helping people, I'm okay at interacting with people who might be frustrated, and I'm mostly good at explaining things/ideas to people!

I've been trying to be more active OOCly, ICly, and in the discord for answering questions people have that don't go straight to mentorhelp, in order to polish my skills in the answering questions aspect. I'm still not perfect, but every day that passes by is a day that I get a little bit better at helping people!

In relation to game skill there's not as much to be said. I'd consider myself like... a mid tier nerd? I've only managed to master a few aspects of the game, and I've mostly stuck to research because its my favourite department. I really enjoy the discovery and experimentation aspects, and I've gotten intimately familiar with the systems it has to offer! (Chemistry, Telesci, Artifacts, Toxins, Dwaine, A buncha secret chems and some Solnerd stuff!)

As for other jobs, I believe that I  can perform every job competently! I can save lives as a doctor (but not super great, I tend to get overwhelmed and stressed by the amount to deal with pretty quickly .,. ), I can run the engine enough to make oodles of dosh with the PTL. I can cook food and make delicious cocktails, adequately make pathogens and even hit rocks with a hammer :o

I'd say what I know the least about is generally gonna be stuff like the really advanced logic/programming aspects (like advanced mechcomp and networking), I'm not great with botany (I can grow mutated plants sometimes, but that's about it) and advanced doctory stuff (I can keep someone alive and do surgery and clone people, but anything (heh) byond (heh) that is unknown to me).

Overall I think I'd be a good mentor because I know some stuff, I'm pretty okay at relaying what I know to people, and I have the drive to do so whenever it's needed! 

Previous Bans (While this will not affect your application lying about it will): I was banned back early in 2017 for posting something totally gross and horrible in the goon discord. I was banned before that at some point because of an ip ban on a step sibling who was playing in the same house. (I'm sorry if there's anything I've forgotten to include!)
Adhara is one of the kindest people I have ever met.
She's wonderfully helpful and quite knowledgeable to boot.

I honestly cannot think of a more qualified person who isn't already a mentor.

She gets an unequivocally resounding YES from me!
I was already inclined to a "yes" at the time I made my recommendation, but shortly afterwards there occurred a round in which she was wonderfully polite, patient and helpful with a brand-new player, and that cemented my belief that Adhara would make a very good mentor.
Haven't interacted with them all that much in game (have rarely gone on in the past few months), but seeing how every conversation with them on discord is a pleasant one and she seems to know her shit, they should 100% be mentor.
I haven't met the new Wraithcraft but Irene was one of the prominent characters I'd look to as "sane" on the station, which is a very impressive feat in this game, honestly thought you were one of the head mentors already
irene is definitely a name i recognize, as well as some of the others in that list, and wraithcraft/adhara is Definitely a name i recognize. make the fool more purple
very good person
high quality person
maximum certified cool
+1
Would make a good mentor. Active in discord.

Knowledgeable and friendly

Sol nerd
Adhara is awesome definite yes from me
I have quite a bit of experience with Adhara on the RP server; they're a really helpful and knowledgeable player, and would make for a great mentor!
I haven't seen any of those names in game lately, but that might just be that I haven't played on goon1 in a while. I have seen adhara on the discord a lot and she seems not shit enough to be a mentor. The worst thing about her is definitely that "adhara" is unpronouncable... at least by me.
Yeah, Adhara is boo, make Wraithcraft mentor

I have been informed that this is "kinda dickish" (not in Anonymous's own words), I apologize for any sads felt by all parties involved, I hereby volunteer kyle as my involuntary scapegoat, please blame him for my many misdeeds, even those unrelated to this post or goonstation entirely.
Adhara is nice and definitely has a lot of knowledge that she's willing to share with the rest of the community.

Not shit, knows their shit, purple she.
I'll give a quick yes from me. I've seen Adhara help folks countless times. Great to have around for Roleplay stuff. Probably knows more about the game than me. Can likely be trusted with the secret info mentors gain from the questions.
A nice person who knows a lot of stuff, and in the end, aren't those the only real requirements to become a mentor? Yes from me.