Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Bump up rev % after a certain pop threshold
I've never seen it sadly
(02-14-2019, 03:42 AM)Wisecrack34 Wrote: I've never seen it sadly

mind if I ask you how long you've been playing
I've never seen the NEW version of rev mode myself. I remember old rev where you just started with a flash and got traitor uplink and just had to flash people to get them on your side but the new one I barely know anything about other than you dont get traitor items and you get a special flash to use
About a year and a half of play time, been in the community for about 2 and a half now though
(02-14-2019, 08:11 AM)Wisecrack34 Wrote: About a year and a half of play time, been in the community for about 2 and a half now though

It's kind of insane you haven't seen rev yet. Jeez
Yeah, rev is painfully rare. I will say though, that I understand why. It's tricky to get right. In terms of number of players needed and command staff and rev heads. There's a balance to be had and nobody really knows what that is, especially now since they're so very rare.

Plus it has a bit of the same problem that Alien did, which was complete anarchy and chaos because some who become a rev/alien would kind of view it as "I am the antag now" and do whatever they wanted instead of following their rev heads or Alien Queen.

That's not to say that rev is a bad mode or unfun, just that it has a greater chance to be unfun than most other round types where it can end 10 minutes into the round or drag into a hide and seek game.

But I think it's worth mentioning its flaws when trying to come up with changes.

Having said all that, yes more rev plz. I've been playing pretty often for the last year or so, and I can only recall participating in a rev round maybe 2 or 3 times. And I know I haven't played one at all in since at least October.

Simply increasing the amount of revs as is will not in itself be a great idea because that will only make those problems more apparent, and I think that's probably why rev is so low now, because people complained and there was no quick/easy solve. But omj, your idea sounds good or at least a step in the right direction to me. But I think doing this will require a coder to make the change and then adjust values in response to how the games tend to play out in order to get the maximum "fun" out of the game type. So it's definitely going to be more than a single fix someone makes one time.
So tldr; play rev more so we can work out kinks and not be figurative citadel
it's kind of hilarious how goon has so many really deep complex intricate systems that're totally unparalleled anywhere on SS13 but we don't have a version of rev that's satisfying enough/is played whatsoever.

it's not hilarious it fucking sucks
Don't know if this is the right thread for this, but I don't really know where else to put it; it'd be nice if people that have been loyalty implanted would show up as such on sechuds. It can get to be kind of a pain in the butt to keep track of who's gotten their shots and who hasn't, which can be pretty crippling when revs can keep track of each other perfectly.
^
Good idea.
+1
My last rev round no doubt caused me to implant people more than once.
What if Rev rounds had two phases? The first is killing all the heads. If they're successful, the second phase is the heads respawning as NT shock troops sent to recapture the station from the revolutionaries. Revs win if they can complete both phases.
(02-19-2019, 06:46 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: What if Rev rounds had two phases? The first is killing all the heads. If they're successful, the second phase is the heads respawning as NT shock troops sent to recapture the station from the revolutionaries. Revs win if they can complete both phases.

This just sounds like a "you should have won, but fuck you" to me. The rev's have to kill the same guys again, and this time they are even better geared and already know that its rev's. Also they might now know who the rev's/rev heads are, so the stealth part is mostly gone.

But maybe this could trigger if the heads died (not lost from walking off the Z level) too early or there was a large amount of rev's, giving them only a small chance to win.
Just like blobs get a second chance when dying early.
(02-19-2019, 07:08 AM)The Gorog Wrote:
(02-19-2019, 06:46 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: What if Rev rounds had two phases? The first is killing all the heads. If they're successful, the second phase is the heads respawning as NT shock troops sent to recapture the station from the revolutionaries. Revs win if they can complete both phases.

This just sounds like a "you should have won, but fuck you" to me. The rev's have to kill the same guys again, and this time they are even better geared and already know that its rev's. Also they might now know who the rev's/rev heads are, so the stealth part is mostly gone.

But maybe this could trigger if the heads died (not lost from walking off the Z level) too early or there was a large amount of rev's, giving them only a small chance to win.
Just like blobs get a second chance when dying early.

I figured it could be like, a delayed thing where they win the first phase, it's loudly announced, and then there's a grace period for them to fortify, arm themselves, and recruit more people for when the strike team gets there. 

I figure, since the first phase is stacked against the Heads, the second phase can be stacked against the Revs and we all get to enjoy a chaotic blood bath
The speed at which rev rounds pop off is also deffo pretty rough, but I'm not really sure what can be done about it? Like, as-is the heads have to diagnose the situation and get working FAST to have a chance of counteracting the rev snowball. Like, last rev round I played I didn't even have all my gear on as sec before there was a group of Revs pounding at the sec door. (To be fair, it WAS Atlas, so a bit of an extreme example, but still). But I'm really not sure how to slow things down in a way that wouldn't suck for the rev heads?
(02-25-2019, 01:38 AM)Doctor Zaius Wrote: The speed at which rev rounds pop off is also deffo pretty rough, but I'm not really sure what can be done about it? Like, as-is the heads have to diagnose the situation and get working FAST to have a chance of counteracting the rev snowball. Like, last rev round I played I didn't even have all my gear on as sec before there was a group of Revs pounding at the sec door. (To be fair, it WAS Atlas, so a bit of an extreme example, but still). But I'm really not sure how to slow things down in a way that wouldn't suck for the rev heads?

Simple ez fix that'll keep an element of surprise: have rev heads only learn they're rev heads 5-15 minutes in the round at different times. Let each rev head learn at a different time too, so not all 3 learn at once. When a rev turns into a rev head mid round (have to be on round start obviously), they should get the list of who else is a rev head so they won't accidentally flash them. Deters the early stage bloodbath too in my opinion. 

What do you guys think? A message like "You've defected from Nanotrasen!" would be good imo.