Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Bump up rev % after a certain pop threshold
I think just about everyone likes rev and I feel like I don't see it all too often; I feel like the odds are infinitesimally low when you take into consideration how universally liked it is. 

It is, however, super dependent on the server pop. I'd say that any time the server pop is >30 round start the odds of Rev popping up get significantly bumped (i don't know the numbers here tbh)

The only thing Goon truly lacks is the consistency of rounds where just about the entire station gets to brawl each other (not counting gang here). I think that this change will be super welcome to our recent wave of new players. Let's bump the chaos up smile
I'm personaly not a fan of Rev's and how it turns into hide and seek on the entire Z level, but with how rare this mode is, I would not even mind a bump in occurance.
It's a mode I don't get to see every month, I'd say once every 2 months even. Although this might come from me living in the EU and population only going above 30-40 in the late evening.

I believe the reason why this mode is so rare though, is that it not only requires a certain amount of players, but also a certain amount of heads (3 or 4 atleast I believe).
Captain and CE are played often, MD and RD seem to not be too popular and HoS is really rare and requires whitelisting.

If we would want this to be played more often, we would need to lower the amount of players and heads, while also limiting the amount of Revs there can be.
As far as I know, there is no limit for them like gang has.
I personally think Rev needs work, but running it more often might be a good start for feedback about what parts aren't working or could be improved
(02-12-2019, 09:38 AM)The Gorog Wrote: I believe the reason why this mode is so rare though, is that it not only requires a certain amount of players, but also a certain amount of heads (3 or 4 atleast I believe).

I don't know where people get this weird idea that Rev requires a certain amount of heads. It's not in the public release, and I've seen and played a number of rev rounds with only 1 or 2 heads. There's a check for # of players and # of people who have Revolutionary Leader (and back then, Other Foes) checked.
Yeah I love rev and it's a shame it's so rare.

The game mode hinges on people knowing what rev is, and because it like, never happens, the heads are always caught off-guard. I've had lots of great times as a head and as a rev and I think that the frequency should be bumped up to around what nuke is at. It's currently about as common as blob afaik. It's a lot of fun and we never get to see it!
in my god's honest opinion rev should probably be bumped to higher than nuke even! it's just /that/ fun
(02-12-2019, 10:23 AM)Studenterhue Wrote:
(02-12-2019, 09:38 AM)The Gorog Wrote: I believe the reason why this mode is so rare though, is that it not only requires a certain amount of players, but also a certain amount of heads (3 or 4 atleast I believe).

I don't know where people get this weird idea that Rev requires a certain amount of heads. It's not in the public release, and I've seen and played a number of rev rounds with only 1 or 2 heads. There's a check for # of players and # of people who have Revolutionary Leader (and back then, Other Foes) checked.

Not sure where I got that from. Someone probably told me that at some point. Also cant find anything on limits in the 2016 code.
(02-12-2019, 10:53 AM)The Gorog Wrote:
(02-12-2019, 09:38 AM)The Gorog Wrote: I believe the reason why this mode is so rare though, is that it not only requires a certain amount of players, but also a certain amount of heads (3 or 4 atleast I believe).

Not sure where I got that from. Someone probably told me that at some point. Also cant find anything on limits in the 2016 code.

The limit is not in the public release. It was added later. I imagine that person was probably thinking of the many suggestions for minimum head requirements, but I truly don't know.
(02-12-2019, 09:56 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: I personally think Rev needs work, but running it more often might be a good start for feedback about what parts aren't working or could be improved

Work where? In what regard? I think it's more polished than people think; the sheer scarcity fabricates a lot of the concerns on the gamemode IMHO

Can confirm.  Recently got into a rev game where the captain was the only head.

I mean I was an MD for the round but I started as an assistant.

I even came up with an intricate plan to trick the captain into trusting me and leading him into a den of wolves but literally 5 seconds after I came up with the plan the round ended.

Anyways, my point is that Rev should probably requires a minimum of 3 heads.
(02-12-2019, 11:18 AM)OMJ Wrote:
(02-12-2019, 09:56 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: I personally think Rev needs work, but running it more often might be a good start for feedback about what parts aren't working or could be improved

Work where? In what regard? I think it's more polished than people think; the sheer scarcity fabricates a lot of the concerns on the gamemode IMHO

There's a high degree of randomness that can lead to wildly different experiences. Rounds can last from anywhere to less than 5 minutes to over 70. It's only a matter of how quickly the heads are caught off guard, or how prolonged someone wants to make their death. It needs a bit more of a framework to create a more reliable experience across rounds
I enjoy Rev as a game mode and would love to see it show up more frequently as per OMJ's suggestion. 

However, I agree with Technature that Rev should require at least 3 Heads, though that's rarely an issue when server pop is >30. With the number of Heads being on par with or outnumbering the Head Revs, I would think this would cut down on the Rev rounds where the Heads just hide all shift.
i like rev but i honestly think it's like wraith, and only good cause it doesn't happen every round. that being said however, standard traitor rounds and ling rounds are also too common for my liking so maybe this could help that too, and worst case we can just change it back to a static %
(02-12-2019, 11:45 AM)Technature Wrote:

Guess I'm completely wrong on that one then. 
But still, the "once every 2 months" wasn't an over exaggeration from me. I've seen about 2-3 times more Wraiths than Revs lately, although those might have been admin triggered ones.
(02-12-2019, 11:40 PM)The Gorog Wrote:
(02-12-2019, 11:45 AM)Technature Wrote:

Guess I'm completely wrong on that one then. 
But still, the "once every 2 months" wasn't an over exaggeration from me. I've seen about 2-3 times more Wraiths than Revs lately, although those might have been admin triggered ones.

Agreed; I've seen rev once this year and I've been playing a decent amount. A lot of my favorite SS13 (disproportionately high tbh) memories are from Rev. It's a mode that breeds conflict/teamwork/paranoia; all stuff that make SS13 an uber, uber fun game.

I'd definitely like Rev to pop us as much as Nuke. It's far too rare in comparison to how fun it is. I like the idea of 3 heads being required for a rev round to pop up; that would artificially bump up the scarcity of Rev as is imo (if the primary concern is Too Much Rev)