Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Improvements to the ticket and fine systems
Hello, you are hopefully aware that I post the top rated tickets and fines every month. This is partly a cry for help to make that task easier, but also some ideas to improve the system.
  • Allow for ticket voting within the round. I'm finding that most tickets don't get more than one or two votes, outside of the handful that reach numbers as high as 10 votes. At the end of the round, allow all players to vote on tickets before they are sent to goonhub, giving them a starting score other than 0.
  • Filter tickets by month on goonhub, then allow it to be sorted by score. Currently it's one big list that I'm checking the beginning and end dates for the month in, then manually looking at each ticket to check the score and sorting myself.
  • Spacebux fines?
  • Tweak the formatting of goonhub so that when copying pasting ticket details, it reads normally in plaintext. Again this is something I am currently doing manually that occupies a lot of time. Currently without formatting, each entry looks like this : Salvador Potterfined forBullying the ClownbyDick Biggs
Thanks for reading my thread
That sounds fun, a great way to make ticketing used me. I think I've written only a handful in total, I always forget about it. Mostly because fines and tickets are just prople telling jokes.

You mention fines affecting spacebux instead of station credits. I've thought about that before too because people don't care about station cash other than the QM, space adventurers, and people doing capitalism gimmicks. But I don't know if it could really work since anyone can write a ticket as long as they have a sec pda and ID. Plus, anyone, even huge metagamey jerks can play sec. Sure you could manually catch issues like that, but a system that relies on that isn't great. Maybe you could restrict it to HoS' and Mentors, but even then I dunno, I think things could still get nasty fast.

I think you could tie spacebux in as an incentive to vote for fines. When you show the tickets and fines list at round end, let everyone vote for one ticket and one fine each at that time, and give them like 2 or 3 spacebux for each vote. You could still vote as much as you like on goonhub sure, but it would encourage a bit more votes.