Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Atlas Fix Thread
If anyone hasn't mentioned it yet, no crematorium igniter button (or it's really well hidden and I can't see it)

GANEDIT: Fixed
(02-12-2019, 03:44 PM)Schwicky_Schwag Wrote: Not sure if this really fits but it happened on Atlas so it probably goes here.

Was trying to do mining, couldn't find a magnet on the station. Went to the outpost, this happened when I set up the magnet:

[Image: f28d5d0c456d0fa1f300761ef9afdf39.png]

[Image: 36d5b6ca271275421007031798b7379a.png]

I found an inconvenient but effective work around. Set it up like normal then switch it over to automatic. It will pull in an asteroid but don't forget to turn automatic off if you are multi-tasking otherwise it will keep pulling asteroids.

Inconvenient though because you can't override the cool down.
Atlas has no button to turn on the crematorium. How am I supposed to kill Morty now?

[Image: J1jPaKk.png]

GANEDIT: Fixed + door control for chapel launcher.
MORTY DID NOTHING WRONG HOW DARE YOU
Pump controller is curbing my ability to hellburn!
[Image: mBWJkAv.png]
Manually circled pumps are not appearing on computer, while square ones are.

also give ptl

also give cell chargers

[Image: KteK08v.png]

these APCs + bathroom apc (the one below chapel) are not wired

HOP apc and security wing apc are also unwired

also the apc for cryo

i kinda like the unwired APCs as they force crew to cooperate

toxins is missing igniters/vent open buttons & pump controller is fucked
[Image: YJjKR01.png]
the room with the mainframe, packet sniffer and all the circuit boards ( I think it's supposed to be tech storage? ) is labelled "engineering gas storage". it does not store any gas other than oxygen and nitrogen.
[Image: qPl9u6Y.png]
communications dish is missing (?)
(05-01-2019, 04:41 AM)polivilas Wrote: Manually circled pumps are not appearing on computer, while square ones are.
also give ptl
also give cell chargers
these APCs + bathroom apc (the one below chapel) are not wired
HOP apc and security wing apc are also unwired
also the apc for cryo
i kinda like the unwired APCs as they force crew to cooperate
toxins is missing igniters/vent open buttons & pump controller is fucked
circled pumps aren't supposed to appear on it, dude
no ptl.
apcs fixed.
no it's not missing igniters, vending machine dude
pump controller sohuld work
done.
(05-29-2019, 02:17 AM)drWoof Wrote: the room with the mainframe, packet sniffer and all the circuit boards ( I think it's supposed to be tech storage? ) is labelled "engineering gas storage". it does not store any gas other than oxygen and nitrogen.
communications dish is missing (?)
fixed
how are you supposed to put the igniters from the vending machine inside the toxin shit? telesci?

also give glass recycler for chemists
(05-29-2019, 07:31 AM)ZeWaka Wrote: no it's not missing igniters, vending machine dude

He means it's missing the buttons that ignite the contents of the combustion chambers. Also, the buttons that open the combustion chamber vents
More of a "could possibly be improved" post instead of an "objectively broken" one, but here goes!
  • QM depressurizes whenever the main hall does, and vice versa. An auto-close hatch over the conveyor belt would fix this up nicely - this does make it more difficult to infiltrate, but I think the improvements to atmosphere retention are worth it.
  • A public general manufacturer would be immensely useful, particularly if QM gets the aforementioned hatch. The nooks in the hallway, at the northeast and southeast corners of Hydroponics, could be a good spot to install additional stuff - perhaps a general manufacturer northeast and a Public MiniMed southeast.
  • The southern crew zone doesn't serve as a particularly useful meeting place due to its lack of chairs. I've included a mockup lounge layout below, that keeps the same vendor complement but makes it a better hangout.
  • Hydroponics has nowhere to conceal a man-eater attempt. Don't know how or if this could be fixed, but it's a bit problematic nonetheless.
[Image: reunited.png]
bugs:

Toxins missing igniter buttons

toxins pumps don't connect to pump computer

toxins vents don't have buttons

qm outbound shutter button controls both shutters, inbound shutter does nothing

janitor's waste disposal control seems stuck in "murder everything" mode and can't be turned to "maybe don't murder everything" mode.

suggestions:

engineers should start with access to multitools

toxins should start with an air pump and/or air scrubber

atlas needs more than one way to access vr; playing vr alone kinda sucks but there's only one pod and no vr goggles

brig vr goggles are det-net, meaning prisoners can set arbitrary people to arrest while funny, should maybe not be the case

we need a publicly accessible genfab; janitors need them for new light bulbs and tubes, and there's so few tools on station that you basically have to print them. if there's no QM on shift, you need to break in to do your job, which is discouraged on RP.

having the bar accessed through a fake maintenance is super weird; why can't there be a glass door at the bar counter? I've seen hella peeps get lost because they assume they can't get in through the back as kitchen staff don't usually start with maint access.

where the fuck is heisenbee's bee bed!?
There is no Stirstir in the brig, and no gene power module, both leading to uncompleteable traitor objectives.
give voting machine so i can constantly roll atlas back-to-back
I've made some fairly major atlas changes recently that haven't been reflected on the server. I'll try and amend that soon.
Science doesn't have the tools it needs to run Toxins. I had to steal a wrench from engineering for an asking scientist.

Also, toxins is broken in general.