Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Player controlled buddies for antags
So now that the changeling has hivemind and can make friends from the hivemind I think it would be really fun to have other antags able to do the same.

Like say the Vamp. The vamp can summon bats that just sorta hand around and be annoying. Not very much of a threat unless its against just one person. Now how about letting the bats be controlled by ghosts? Like when the vamp summons bats have ghosts get a popup for them that lets them choose if they want to control one of the bats.

Now on to the wraith. Wraith has the ability to haunt and show it's self to gain more points and spook the heck outta people. What if there was an ability to make other ghosts visible to the crew? They can be killed and stuff but it won't hurt the wraith. Have it give a lesser amount of wraith points per second. Haunt gives 5 I think per person. Make the ghosts give 2 per person maybe. I dunno. But yeah that would be fun.

Someone else on the discord mentioned for wizards they should be able to have a familar. A player controlled pet or something. I don't really know what it would do. Any suggestions for that?
i feel like every antag having a buddy might make it a little overdone, but a few more for some antags would be good, especially since ling already has more power than most antags. vamp ghost bats would be hard to work with i think, cause you'd need them to actually do something instead of just saying hi when you want them to attack, but a wizard familiar that can maybe cast some very weak spells could be cool
Wraiths spending WP to materialize a ghost to attack the crew/do the wraith's bidding (such as positioning welding fuel tanks under lights, sabotaging equipment, etc.) would be quite fun, or even recruiting ghosts as poltergeists to haunt a room and control objects in said room. 

I also quite like the idea of familiars, especially if they could teleport around and communicate telepathically with their wizard. Maybe not necessarily spells to hurt crew or blow stuff up, but rather as a scout/diplomat/spy/companion/staff-retriever.
Yeah the wraith thing with ghosts I was thinking more of the poltergeist route but other suggestions are good too
(02-07-2019, 11:30 PM)KikiMofo Wrote: Now on to the wraith. Wraith has the ability to haunt and show it's self to gain more points and spook the heck outta people. What if there was an ability to make other ghosts visible to the crew? They can be killed and stuff but it won't hurt the wraith. Have it give a lesser amount of wraith points per second. Haunt gives 5 I think per person. Make the ghosts give 2 per person maybe. I dunno. But yeah that would be fun.

PLEASE no.

The wraith is broken as it is.  It doesn't need to be even shittier to deal with.
(02-10-2019, 12:15 AM)Technature Wrote:
(02-07-2019, 11:30 PM)KikiMofo Wrote: Now on to the wraith. Wraith has the ability to haunt and show it's self to gain more points and spook the heck outta people. What if there was an ability to make other ghosts visible to the crew? They can be killed and stuff but it won't hurt the wraith. Have it give a lesser amount of wraith points per second. Haunt gives 5 I think per person. Make the ghosts give 2 per person maybe. I dunno. But yeah that would be fun.

PLEASE no.

The wraith is broken as it is.  It doesn't need to be even shittier to deal with.

Well I was suggesting just having the ability to make ghosts visible like a bootleg version of haunt. Not to have them actually able to do anything other than just sorta float around being spooky.
(02-10-2019, 04:20 AM)KikiMofo Wrote:
(02-10-2019, 12:15 AM)Technature Wrote:

PLEASE no.

Well I was suggesting just having the ability to make ghosts visible like a bootleg version of haunt. Not to have them actually able to do anything other than just sorta float around being spooky.

(02-10-2019, 04:20 AM)KikiMofo Wrote: Haunt gives 5 I think per person. Make the ghosts give 2 per person maybe. I dunno.

I'm fine with all it doing being to make ghosts visible at random as long as this is not a thing.