Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4.88 Average
Save the Future! New Gamemode and Terminator antagonist.
(02-07-2019, 09:18 PM)OMJ Wrote: i think it'd be cooler for the "chosen ones" to be more vanilla but overall i really, really, really like this idea

I agree. 

Personally, what I think this round is missing is a Kyle Reese figure

There should be a Time Traveler who also comes back in time after the Terminator, who aids the crew and the chosen ones. When the round starts, both the Time Traveler and Terminator appear on station, without knowing the others identity. Time Traveler has a photos of the Chosen Ones, Terminator only has the names.

Would it be more true to form if both the Terminator and Time Traveler appeared on station in the nude?

ADDENDUM: I also see no reason why there can't be more than 1 Time Traveler or Terminator at any given moment. Hell, you could even have multiple lives if they just have multiple time loops that they are running through.

(07-13-2020, 12:55 PM)Lord Birb Wrote: Flashes were only included cause they can stun borgs. In hindsight they should definitely be flashproof, and maybe have more stun resistance as well.

You know what blocks flashes?

cool l33t li3k j3ff k
Quote:First thing I thought of as an explanation for how the crew will know who the chosen ones are before the terminator arrives. If someone can come up with something better go for it.
Maybe, like the source material, there could be some survivor group in the future? But since they don't have all the cool technology like the guy that made the terminator, they can only send back messages, not physical objects.

Quote:The tyrant was mostly designed just to be a plot device that explains why there is a killer robot going after these specific people and why it is important that the crew protects them. The idea of the more bad shit getting sent to the past as chosen ones die/abandon is pretty good though and I might look into that more later.
Maybe that could the the motivation to keep the chosen one alive instead of just validing the terminator?

Quote:This was meant to be a way to make the station gradually become more dangerous to the chosen ones the longer the terminator is alive, encouraging crew to deal with the threat fast instead of hiding until the shuttle arrives.
The longer the terminator is alive, the more likely it is to kill the chosen one.

Quote:This was meant to encourage the crew to stick with the chosen ones instead of trying to hunt down the terminator themselves. Considering OMJ also disliked this part I would like to see more people give feedback regarding this one though.
It's possible that the crew will stick around the chosen one because that lets them meme the terminator, because that's where he'll be going.
I like the idea of the Terminator getting multiple lives, how about at round start they are disguised as a crew member (Similar to Ling in that they killed someone pre-shift) but after their first death they are spawned into a room similar to the wizard but instead with some gear options such as firearms, fake ids and clothes to help them now that the crew is armed and ready, along with a teleporter like the one near command to let them go to a chosen location but with more terminator flair.
(07-19-2020, 06:46 AM)Wisecrack34 Wrote: I like the idea of the Terminator getting multiple lives, how about at round start they are disguised as a crew member (Similar to Ling in that they killed someone pre-shift) but after their first death they are spawned into a room similar to the wizard but instead with some gear options such as firearms, fake ids and clothes to help them now that the crew is armed and ready, along with a teleporter like the one near command to let them go to a chosen location but with more terminator flair.

Each time the terminator dies, another model with new upgrades gets sent. Come back with counters for what beat you last time