Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ability cancel button/hotkey
Currently it isn't clear how (if it's even possible) to manually cancel aiming an ability (such as wizar'd prismatic spray), which can be an issue if you no longer fulfill the prerequisites to using the ability (dropping your staff).
It would be nice to have a 'cancel spell' button, or a hotkey (<esc>?) to cancel the spell aiming so you can click on other things again in a timely manner
The way to cancel the ability is to click on the original spell icon again. But yeah, this is a good suggestion. esc sounds great.
Tried this with a genetics power and didn't work.
I've always kinda thought that the intents should be changed that it would be impossible to take a harmful action in the help intent. Maybe some kind of intent switching could also function as a way to disengage things
I'd say just have it be a certain key that is NEAR the WASD keys so you can quickly cancel the ability.
Swap hands to deactivate?
I'd say escape, since it's possible to lose arms, and it's a pretty standard method of exiting/cancelling things.
Seconding escape. It's what I instinctively went for when attempting to cancel things.
Escape is already bound. You can use it to focus on the map window instead of the chat.

(02-07-2019, 11:43 AM)qwertyquerty Wrote: Escape is already bound. You can use it to focus on the map window instead of the chat.

I've made a patch for those who are willing to trade off this ^

https://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid=11557
Thumbs Up 
(02-05-2019, 08:20 PM)Tarmunora Wrote: It would be nice to have a 'cancel spell' button, or a hotkey (<esc>?) to cancel the spell aiming so you can click on other things again in a timely manner

You read my mind exactly. This would be very helpful!