Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
homogenize most energy weapons into phasers
make the orderable laser weapon crates bring phasers with laser mods pre-installed(or maybe just bare phasers with no mods at all), the caps energy gun a phaser with a laser/taser toggle mod pre-installed, the traitors advanced laser gun into a phaser with a whatever pre-installed, etc. this will help encourage the finding/purchase/trade and use of these new phaser mods the lil drones drop. i havent handled a phaser much myself, so forgive me if they function far differently from how regular laser guns and shit do, making this suggestion unfeasible

maybe leave tasers alone, dont want to make it too easy on the fuzz
that'd be neat enough, would open up the possibility of ordering a crate of Phaser Mods, too.

though I still want bullet-based guns, fukin cogs
if its bullet weapons you crave, maybe mechanics could scan and try to make cheap knockoffs of the detectives gun that anybody can use, but fall apart after too many shots
All phasers do damage. There's a sliding bar from 1-100 on the power which dictates the damage, but in all cases phasers are lethal. There's no "Taser phaser" option that exists.

Besides, Phasers are more fun as "secret fun stuff" on the side.
Add craftable zip guns, hack a general manufacturer to get stun ammo (I don't know if AP ammo can be printed, but that sounds kind of dangerous) Maybe add ap ammo to the sec crate for detective and someone with a zip gun and sec access.
The thing about Phasers is... who would use them? They're too weak for traitors to bother with, and being a potentially lethal weapon means non-traitors have to be more careful using them.

As it is the above problem coupled with the effort required to get them means they rarely get used at all.

One change I would like to see is to make Drones drop a phaser and a phaser mod when destroyed. Currently they drop one or the other and there's only a few drones, and quite often you won't be able to craft the phaser you want.
why not just add a stun function to the phaser.
I don't really see any point in doing this. Phasers and mods are meant to be a reward for people who go out drone-hunting. If you want to start a phaser industry on the station, have the mechanics scan one.
It's a bit weird that you can go to space and engage in deadly space combat to get guns which are cool and interesting but not very powerful whereas a quick trip to the armoury will get you 3 eguns which are boring and will completely wreck anyone who hasn't huffed a dumptruck full of stimulants and tricordrazine.
Dauntasa Wrote:It's a bit weird that you can go to space and engage in deadly space combat to get guns which are cool and interesting but not very powerful whereas a quick trip to the armoury will get you 3 eguns which are boring and will completely wreck anyone who hasn't huffed a dumptruck full of stimulants and tricordrazine.
You don't think phasers are the most powerful gun you can get?
Please.
The option to turn them DOWN to make 10-shot guns means that, combined with the right mods, they can become an even better robustin' sidearm than the egun or taser