Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
[Feature] Replaces Styptic & Silv. Sulf. Reserve Tanks w/ Salbutamol & Salicylic Acid
See title. Simply replaces the names and reagents found in Styptic Powder reserve tanks with Salbutamol and Silver Sulfazadine reserve tanks with Salicylic Acid.

Please note that the obj tree has not been modified, so they're still called 'brute' and 'burn' in the code, just so that whatever map files and whatever other code refers to them doesn't need to be edited to account for the new name.

At the moment I am unable to test this, but I would be surprised if it didn't work due to the patch's extreme simplicity.

https://github.com/goonstation/goonstati...6/pull/108
(02-05-2019, 05:16 AM)aft2001 Wrote: (from the github commit)
Reason for change: Styptic Powder and Silver Sulfazadine reserve tanks are fairly useless due to the abundance of medical patches for them & their relatively low reagent quantity for medicines that are applied in large quantities. Salbutamol and Salicylic Acid are arguably more useful.

I disagree with this assessment that these supplies are in abundance, and that they serve no further use.
Also, while I can see ways that Salbutamol and Salicylic Acid are useful, they are not viable as a substitute for basic medical supplies.

I am outright appalled that your best solution to this problem is to make a code change that can be best described as 'a dirty hackjob' (no offense).
That's fair. Honestly, I just considered the patch to be so menial that nobody would probably bother with it, so, using my piss-poor coding skills, I made this.

I'll see if I can instead replace the medicines found in medical loot crates, instead of just the simple lazy change I made.
(02-06-2019, 12:39 PM)aft2001 Wrote: That's fair. Honestly, I just considered the patch to be so menial that nobody would probably bother with it, so, using my piss-poor coding skills, I made this.

I'll see if I can instead replace the medicines found in medical loot crates, instead of just the simple lazy change I made.
adding a more advanced medical loot crate (but not replacing the styptic, sulf, charcoal, epi crate) would be kinda cool, i think
Patch now irrelevant due to the recent patch I made regarding Adhara's suggestion.

admin put this thread in the trash bin pls thanks