Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Port TG musical instruments here
To be honest, I don't think I'd ever want a menu popping up to use an instrument. I think it would be more fun to mash keys for individual notes.
Or have a list of midis available, some provided by WonkCo. and others brought from home. Click a midi to play a midi.
I think a piano GUI is better, because then it actually requires skill to play
What about that midi/abc player instruments from Starbound? That was actually my favorite part of that game.
I thought about suggesting that but the best editor is Starbound Composer which requires Starbround, however I COULD see a similar tool being used or a package being made that allows you to trick Starbound Composer into thinking you have the game, otherwise it would be amazingly useful could open up a LOT of opportunities for musicians to the point where it could be it's own job.
(02-04-2019, 04:33 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: To be honest, I don't think I'd ever want a menu popping up to use an instrument. I think it would be more fun to mash keys for individual notes.
This system would work the best. A few Gmod servers I used to play on had a piano that functioned like this. I wonder if it would be possible to check for input from a midi controller.
Ooo or how about all of the above? You can pick from a menu to decide which mode to use, one being a midi loader, the other being a keyboard.