Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Ghosts can play as Bots
(02-02-2019, 12:31 AM)NateTheSquid Wrote:
(02-01-2019, 12:55 PM)The Gorog Wrote:
(02-01-2019, 10:09 AM)Wisecrack34 Wrote: On a side note it'd be cool if dead players/ the AI could take control of bots to help the AI do cleaning, fire extinguishing, etc. 

Obviously security robots would be blacklisted for dead players for obvious reasons, obviously.

Im worried that people would then just not respond because they are pissed or whatever reason people may have.

then allow the AI to instantly remove someone from a bot, possibly banning them from entering that bot again that shift, and maybe even allow ghosts to vote to kick someone out of a bot if they're being bad and there's no AI/the AI is also being bad

sounds like a good idea though, the ghost control thing with some clear rules, like ghost drones

Moved to it's own thread as not to detract from the previous one, shoot away.
I mean we already have ghost drones.
I guess the difference between the bots and the ghost drones would be that the bots are very limited in their tools, but encouraged to interact with the living (medbots especially).
Personally, I wouldn't mind if we reworked drones to be
  • Less powerful
  • Require resources to make
  • Less restricted from having an impact on a round
Ghost drones were a compromise to allow dead players to still play the game after death, provided they didn't try to interfere with the round using meta knowledge and free revivals.

Now that ghostcritters are a thing, they could replace that function while ghost drones become an asset of Robotics and the AI. They could be a simple construction that accepts ghost players, or a fast and cheap borg that requires a brain but no extra assembly like adding arms and legs. We could even have drone versions of borg modules.

I do think there should be a separation between bots that act autonomously and drones that have a human pilot, for the purpose of allowing players to know what they are dealing with.
what if ghostdrones got reworked such that they have their own version of cyborg modules that emulate existing NPC bot types (sans security drones)
Well, why not take inspiration from other codebases and include the following:

Brains that can be inhabited by ghosts and installed into borgs. It'd also be neat if you could install brains into bots as well!
I'm all for getting people back into the game, but if ghost brain borgs are gonna be a thing then I think a few restrictions should be put on them.

1.Ghost Borgs should get a message saying that they can't act on anything when they played the game before or anything they observed as a ghost. One of the benefits of gibbing a victim is that they can't single you out, and it would be shit if a ghost was able to just blurt over the radio that Person X killed them because they got lucky.

2.Ghost Borg brains should fail to be cloned if attempted, or should be something that simply can't be placed into a body in the first place. Ghost brains could, for example, simply be AI chips with a random personality (whoever is picked to inhabit the borg).

3.Self-imposed restrictions. Before selected, a person should have the chance to deny being placed into a borg via ghost brain (kinda like the random antagonist event). This could allow them to be borged without the restrictions listed here OR they could wait on being cloned. It could either be a one time message or it could be a trigger in the tabs (though both should spawn the message saying if they want in).
How about soulsteel based bots? I'm talking about medibots, floorbots, firebots, (Buttbots and skullbots). For a while now I've been thinking that in matsci there should be an option to make bot parts out of custom materials. So what if you make the normal smallbots but with a soulsteel robot arm they can be possessed and controlled by ghosts? Except for guardbuddies and secbots.

The bots will act normally but have a name like "Soulless X" then you can enter them like you can normal soulsteel items and be able to control them. Then if they get emagged the bots will eject the spirit inside and go back to being autonomous, cant let robust players ruin everyones day as an emaged floorbot, firebot, or god forbid a medibot.
^ I like that, thread it, as it's a different idea in relation to bots (and this one has sunken into sad)