Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Major Things that don't have delays (that should)
A general thread for stuff that should have delays that doesn't because of the new click-delay changes.

Giving people CPR, hitting cyborgs and breaking windowgrilles all don't have delays and they should! CPR is especially important here.
I brought up the Nuke somewhere.

Definitely should not be brought down by a baseball bat in seconds.
Mining as well, but I consider this an improvement.
syringes don't have a delay and now act a bit weird (not broken but just a bit weird)

also, a certain reactor core on io should have a click delay enabled (if it hasnt happened already) so the fight isnt trivialised
all listed in this thread are fixed as of now (and some others that were not reported here)
Giving people CPR doesn't have a delay still, meaning you can rapid-fire CPR someone. Tested this last shift where I was a doc and gave someone CPR.
(02-02-2019, 09:13 PM)Flaborized Wrote: Giving people CPR doesn't have a delay still, meaning you can rapid-fire CPR someone. Tested this last shift where I was a doc and gave someone CPR.

What if cpr was a chest compression each click, but waiting longer between clicks did breaths? Rapid clicks stablize the heart, longer clicks oxygen damage. Find the right rhythm to maximize healing
Sinks. You can totally restore your hygiene motive just by spam-clicking a sink on the RP server.
There's no cooldown on food consumption. Personally I think it'd be great to leave it alone, but add some kind of food poisoning or overingestion debuff if you eat too much at once.

Also, bush-shaking has no cooldowns.
Hitting wraiths doesn't have a delay, you can kill them very quickly because of this. May be good or bad.
(02-10-2019, 01:08 AM)Flaborized Wrote: Hitting wraiths doesn't have a delay, you can kill them very quickly because of this. May be good or bad.

As wraiths are as hard to kill as they are annoying, I'd say this should stay to give the crew some sort of advantage.
(02-10-2019, 01:40 AM)Skornzy Wrote:
(02-10-2019, 01:08 AM)Flaborized Wrote: Hitting wraiths doesn't have a delay, you can kill them very quickly because of this. May be good or bad.

As wraiths are as hard to kill as they are annoying, I'd say this should stay to give the crew some sort of advantage.

im going to uhm, respectfully disagree
this is a bug, so it should be fixed i think?
if you feel that wraith is unbalanced, maybe suggest changes or make a patch? 
it just feels a bit wrong to vouch for keeping a bug in as a feature, especially since it may need more discussion in a place where more people could uhm see it
Suggestions to balance wraith have been made and nothing has ever been done about them. Any advantage, ANY at all, against the wraith is welcomed as far as I'm concerned.
Considering that the wraith gets a second chance, I don't see the bug being a large issue
as much as I don't like playing as or against a wraith, it's still a bug and the fun should be addressed through its actual abilities and health stat, not by allowing you to click really fast. 'tis fixed.