Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Canister bombs.
Can we have them? I'm not even interested in larger booms. But I would love more ways to set up big threats that cause people to scream and sweat.

Please, please someone port the code and let us set up ominous bombs that will go off if you cut the red wire.
Clarks Wrote:Can we have them? I'm not even interested in larger booms. But I would love more ways to set up big threats that cause people to scream and sweat.

Please, please someone port the code and let us set up ominous bombs that will go off if you cut the red wire.
They Already exist. But it doesn't create an explosions, a shockwave then fire everywhere, shockwave stops people from moving so they die from the fire. Good luck finding how to make it, Not that hard. You probably stumbled across it before.
That's BLEVE code, another canister effect I already did. Canister bombs are a project I proposed awhile ago, Marquesas set most of the code up already in 4407 code, I just haven't ported it over yet - mostly because all the lag recently has kinda sapped my interest in any new things that make a huge boom right now.

I'll get around to it eventually.
PS thank you so much for the BLEVE action that canisters do now, I love the hell out of that.

As for big scary bomb threats, you can still hide tank transfer bombs all over the station and re enact your favorite terrorist plot that way.
Perhaps allow combining keypads with bombs to make them a bit more dangerous.

e.g keypad+other bomb things = bomb that is harder to turn off and thus more scary.

As of now you can literally just turn a bomb off by turning the timer off.

needing to either cut a wire or guess a password would be much more interesting.
I want controllable fire bombs, something that spreads fire FAST though. I want a way to either remotely open a tank or a way to break a tank.
you could build a remote detonater, then put a glass bottle of weilding fuel over it.

alternatively you could use a beaker igniter, but I'm not sure if you can control that remotely.
P. sure that signaller/igniter combos exist. So that should work.